IGNORED

Guide To Legal Marijuana Use' published by Seattle Police

syd syside

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, power to the people. They let you do something harmless in your spare time now that people with free will have been enjoying for thousands of years. Its piss poor that we've spent the last 200 years demonizing a plant and sending people to jail for insane amounts of time, only to let the kids have their cookies for more chores. I agree its a good step, but this, to me, shows exactly how we have NO power or control in our lives.

Lol, power to the people. They let you do something harmless in your spare time now that people with free will have been enjoying for thousands of years. Its piss poor that we've spent the last 200 years demonizing a plant and sending people to jail for insane amounts of time, only to let the kids have their cookies for more chores. I agree its a good step, but this, to me, shows exactly how we have NO power or control in our lives.

Erm yes... democracy enacting change in policy = no power. Bravo

It was just a generation brainwashed by the first wave of TV entertainment that bought into the war on drugs. Also the notion that all people are more imprisoned today than before is false unless you come from a rich white family/background, and even then I think technology has allowed / opened up more possibilities of expression that was never possible before. If information and ability to express yourself = power than the internet also is eroding that power structure and is handing it back to the community.

Erm yes... democracy enacting change in policy = no power. Bravo

Compson - he gets it, you don't. Because you have turds in your skull.

I think I understand why you just uncritically copy and paste shit from the Internet without comment, you know. It's because when you try to articulate a point, you say things like this:

It was just a generation brainwashed by the first wave of TV entertainment that bought into the war on drugs. Also the notion that all people are more imprisoned today than before is false unless you come from a rich white family/background.

Baby Boomers bought into TV propaganda, it's why they fucked up so much shit.

Black people used to not be able to vote in the US. So overall more people have more rights today.

The internet is eroding falsehoods and is allowing the people to organize themselves in ways that make it possible to get a 55/45 pop vote for legalizing marijuana.

Carl Sagan was optimistic about change in policy prior but nothing transpired until now. To suggest this isn't historic would be a bit silly.

You just hate America and are jealous that the US is more progressive in some areas than your English governance.

canada really needs to jump on this bandwagon now. it would without a doubt be legal if we were under a majority democratic or liberal government but there's no chance of that for another three years. piss.

i'm out way way east so i just want it to be easier to get weed lool, i'm sick of being able to only get indica strains. there was a time when "OG kush" sounded awesome but not anymore. plus we could really be a little hub for receiving overseas shipments. c'mon get on this stephen b'yyy. it's funny because harper wants to exploit the shit out of canadian resources and doesn't give a fuck about pollution but needs to stigmatize marijuana users. cool dude.

Baby Boomers bought into TV propaganda, it's why they fucked up so much shit.

Black people used to not be able to vote in the US. So overall more people have more rights today.

The internet is eroding falsehoods and is allowing the people to organize themselves in ways that make it possible to get a 55/45 pop vote for legalizing marijuana.

Carl Sagan was optimistic about change in policy prior but nothing transpired until now. To suggest this isn't historic would be a bit silly.

You just hate America and are jealous that the US is more progressive in some areas than your English governance.

You have this fantastic ability to make a post dumber and dumber with every edit.

Here's a mad idea: what if... legalising weed wasn't actually an inherently left-wing or "progressive" policy?

I've said it before: when fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a rolling paper and carrying a bong.

Unless you can expand on that with a thoughtful argument, you are just preaching paranoid anti-western/american crap because of your own unsatisfactory state of existence or something.

"You've said it before" Come on dude, you make it sound like your some kind of prophet who is all knowing. Get off your pedestal and realize that the drug war is right wing fascism that puts many hundreds of thousands of people in prison for non-violent acts.

Unless you can expand on that with a thoughtful argument,

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So wait wait. What you're saying is... I hate your freedoms.

Here's a mad idea: what if... legalising weed wasn't actually an inherently left-wing or "progressive" policy?

I've said it before: when fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a rolling paper and carrying a bong.

So legalizing weed is... fascist? i dont get it :huh: care to elaborate?

That's a bit of a joke at Compson's expense, because he's a nasty, bigoted, authoritarian piece of work himself - and fully typical of liberals who are only left-wing when it suits their prejudices. It's a reference to the old saying "when fascism comes to america, it'll be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

In other words, you can get people to go along with a lot if you throw them token concessions.

personal attacks are a really good basis for an argument

I don't want to have an argument with compson. I want to point out that he has the seeds of fascism in his heart, and turds in his skull.

And finally: there really is nothing inherently left-wing or "progressive" (how I hate that word!) about legalising drugs. Not that it's a bad idea - but it's what Libertarians want too, and they're some of the most dangerous right-wing lunatics around.

Not that it's a bad idea - but it's what Libertarians want too, and they're some of the most dangerous right-wing lunatics around.

the theory of libertarians isn't a bad one but the actual practice of it is way off key. But most libertarians I've talked to focus more on "decriminilzation" as opposed to "legalization" so i wouldn't say it's exactly the same.

marijuana has definitely been treated as a "freedom" that we're entitled to, therefore backed by left-wing and libertarian groups, but it would be more helpful to treat it as a resource. conservatives love being fiscally responsible and potentiating resources for profit!!! fuckin' politics never tells it like it is.

That's a bit of a joke at Compson's expense, because he's a nasty, bigoted, authoritarian piece of work himself - and fully typical of liberals who are only left-wing when it suits their prejudices. It's a reference to the old saying "when fascism comes to america, it'll be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

In other words, you can get people to go along with a lot if you throw them token concessions.

personal attacks are a really good basis for an argument

I don't want to have an argument with compson. I want to point out that he has the seeds of fascism in his heart, and turds in his skull.

And finally: there really is nothing inherently left-wing or "progressive" (how I hate that word!) about legalising drugs. Not that it's a bad idea - but it's what Libertarians want too, and they're some of the most dangerous right-wing lunatics around.

Lol dude the point is this is good policy, call it whatever you want or make a reasonable case for why this is fascist policy. Otherwise your posts come across as arrogant and pointless.

Archived