IGNORED

bedroom jam recording

zleep

hello and welcome, listening to your track now...

general impression is that you've used some nice sounds and created a nice dreamy atmosphere. not enough progression though imo, could do with more variation in the drums and bassline. needs to get to the point a bit quicker too if you get what i mean, takes a bit too long to really get going, still nice jam! could be developed into a quality tune :music:

edit: that sounds a bit negative on reading it back... i actually really like it once it get's going from about 4 mins in...

hello and welcome, listening to your track now...

general impression is that you've used some nice sounds and created a nice dreamy atmosphere. not enough progression though imo, could do with more variation in the drums and bassline. needs to get to the point a bit quicker too if you get what i mean, takes a bit too long to really get going, still nice jam! could be developed into a quality tune :music:

Thanks! I came acorss the melody part when I was experimenting with a generative patch and soon take out my octatrack to do the jam, will work on it to develop further. I see your point, it is quite long :facepalm: , I'd bring a clock to my bedroom next time

Guest Frankie5fingers

as its been said before, very little progression and too long. that said, youve got some great sounds in here. cool track.

Interesting modal choices zleep. It's basically diatonic, but that big tritone in the bass throws things into an interesting place of controlled chaos. You are controlling your hardware pretty well. There is a lot off fiddling with the percussive bits, and I would like to see a dominant beat come in, something classic. I don't mind listening to something loop for 10 minutes as long as that loop is very satisfying and transporting.

Archived