IGNORED

Rainer Veil - Struck EP

Guest Ron Manager

This is QUITE nice. Just what I would like to hear from Modern Love. Did you get it at a store? I wonder if I could find it at a store when I'm in New York. I suspect that I'll have to just order it.

The sleeve and the record itself look nicely understated. I love the subtle yellows.

post-9374-0-67701800-1360691571_thumb.jpeg

Here it is on soundcloud. I'm pretty into this...

https://soundcloud.com/modernlove/sets/rainer-veil-struck-ep

Guest Ron Manager

Nope, I ordered it. Was sold on the fact that there was an instant mp3 with purchase - makes me so much more likely to purchase vinyl frankly, I hope more labels do it.

Looks like you can listen to the whole thing on soundcloud - never knew Modern Love put all their songs up there!

Anyway, yeah, a nice debut EP. Not going to set the world on fire, but enjoyable. I think Bala is my favourite.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked this enough to order it on vinyl, but the vinyl, for some reason or other... is mixed ridiculously quietly. I have to turn the volume up to 11 just to hear it normally. Anyone else have this issue?

i was curious for this, initially, but then became distracted. i gave it the once-over with the sample bits and it seemed intriguing, i guess not quite enough to immediately draw me in. it lingers in my mind

Guest Ron Manager

I liked this enough to order it on vinyl, but the vinyl, for some reason or other... is mixed ridiculously quietly. I have to turn the volume up to 11 just to hear it normally. Anyone else have this issue?

Sorry, can't check yet as I'm abroad for a few months, my vinyl is presumably (hopefully) at home. Throw up a comment on Discogs and you'll probably get a reply fairly soon.

my vinyl's volume seems to be in line with all my other vinyl. that's a strange thought though, to think that the groove on one vinyl is quieter than another. really vinyl is much more baffling to me than any other medium.

i'm finally finding the proper amount of time to spend with this. i've been listening to 'slow beaming' and 'bala' over and over again. these two tracs in particular are really smooth and soothing to me, also 'yield' is good

Archived