IGNORED

The National - Trouble Will Find Me

Guest zaphod

I reckon Boxer is probably more accomplished but for me High Violet has more personal nostalgia attached to it so I'm partial to that. Damn it's going to be a good summer. I haven't checked any of this new material out though I think I want to savor the whole album at once in tangible format when it's released.

I sing Vanderlyle Crybaby Geese to my daughter when we walk in the park.

Guest zaphod

boxer is great. alligator never worked for me as an album, but i love abel:

[youtubehd]P1BjndTZvQY[/youtubehd]

kinda want to hear another anthem like that

I remember the first time I heard The National was on BBC radio and they played Abel, and I had to peel my ears off the wall! What a fantastic track. I think Boxer is a very good album and High Violet has some good tracks on. Though sometimes they could do with finding the fith gear of Abel a few times more.

You guys are off your rockers. Alligator is without a doubt their best album! Super solid the whole way through. Boxer is also pretty great, but not quite on the same level.

I really love about half of High Violet... the rest I think is a bit dull.

This isn't nostalgia talking either. I only got into them after High Violet released.

think they closed their show with this when I saw them last. it was bananas awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Love the National. Have seen I think 4-5 times. Mostly during Boxer era.

Boxer is 1. Alligator is 2 tho. Mr. November is arguably their best song. All the Wine, Abel, Lit Up, Baby We'll Be Fine, Looking for Astraonauts, Karen... many great tracks.

High Violet is great but only about 4-5 tracks I got obsessed with (Runaway, England, Bloodbuzz).

Anyway, Trouble has leaked... sort of continuing the dirgy path of High Violet. Humiliation is the song that instantly struck me as being fantastic. Demons I was already into from the above youtube.

Guest zaphod

anyone see that six hour version of sorrow? there's some clips on youtube. sounds keeeraaaaaazy

Archived