IGNORED

The Fall - Re-Mit

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Get the fuck in. Victrola Time was ace, so if the rest of the album is anything like that I'll be happy. Oh fuck it, it's a Fall album, I'll be happy regardless. Seeing them in Norwich 15th of May, just hope the stage-diving student-type twats present at their gig here last year will fuck right the fuck off.

Nice. Good to see the Fall are still at it.

Haven't kept up with them recently...did they drop off like most great bands that have been around forever or did they maintain their quality control pretty well?

Haven't kept up with them recently...did they drop off like most great bands that have been around forever or did they maintain their quality control pretty well?

quality control has never been high with the fall. the highs are worth the lows though. the last album was tosh for example, but the 2 previous were brilliant [/opinion]

Get the fuck in. Victrola Time was ace, so if the rest of the album is anything like that I'll be happy.

forgot about that. was it record store day release?

listening now... ok groove. smith sounding pain medded up...

quality control has never been high with the fall. the highs are worth the lows though. the last album was tosh for example, but the 2 previous were brilliant [/opinion]

I always liked their scattered output. I think if you're a prolific band like The Fall or Television Personalities or Daniel Johnston then hey some releases are gonna be better than others.

very true. i'd rather have an album every year and one or two be duff than one great album every 7 years

taking off live actually sounded alright. gonna give the last album another go.

the problem I have with Ersatz is that MES ruins more tracks than he's good on. greenway for example is a great riff, mes isn't great on it. he makes it almost unlistenable. i think i read recently that he admitted ersatz was bad

i'd like to hear more Elena in future. maybe some duets. I love I've been duped and happi song.

Nice. Good to see the Fall are still at it. Haven't kept up with them recently...did they drop off like most great bands that have been around forever or did they maintain their quality control pretty well?

Get the fuck in. Victrola Time was ace, so if the rest of the album is anything like that I'll be happy.

forgot about that. was it record store day release? listening now... ok groove. smith sounding pain medded up...

It was indeed the The RSD release. I think that in recent years MES' vocals have gone a bit downhill at times, I'm less of a fan of his more growly vocals. But I agree that less-is-more isn't the case with The Fall. It seems few other artists these days can manage more or less an album a year.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived