IGNORED

Seaes - Liesma

Amen Lare

3226238530-1.jpg

http://cataclyst.bandcamp.com/album/liesma

Another impressive album by Chris Douglas. I guess it will suit the taste of those who liked Benacah Drann Deachd and his recent ICASEA releases under Scald Rougish alias. Others welcome - common girl, press play, give it a couple of minutes to flow.

some really strong tracks on this one, and a nice album overall. a lot of it reminds me of tracks 2 and 11 from benacah.

but sometimes i find myself distracted by the re-used bits from other albums. anyone know what i mean? seems like he's been doing it on the past several releases (or maybe before but i hadn't noticed). i don't have a problem with it in principle, but like i say, sometimes it's distracting.

some really strong tracks on this one, and a nice album overall. a lot of it reminds me of tracks 2 and 11 from benacah.

but sometimes i find myself distracted by the re-used bits from other albums. anyone know what i mean? seems like he's been doing it on the past several releases (or maybe before but i hadn't noticed). i don't have a problem with it in principle, but like i say, sometimes it's distracting.

I haven't noticed identical bits anywhere, but i don't think it matters, because he's not constructing individual pieces but some kind of alternate sound world where you possibly could meet same sounds, like when walking around same place. These tracks are like documents of intense unknown events. More painting, than sculpting or composing - dominant methods in music making.

Since there is a lack of reaction to my carefully constructed recommendation, i felt obligated to post lazy preview before it goes into the void of irrelevance. Don't know what's out there that is much more interesting for everybody to follow, for me there's nothing.

[sc5]83929118[/sc5]

I haven't noticed identical bits anywhere, but i don't think it matters, because he's not constructing individual pieces but some kind of alternate sound world where you possibly could meet same sounds, like when walking around same place. These tracks are like documents of intense unknown events. More painting, than sculpting or composing - dominant methods in music making.

yeah, the bits aren't identical, but there is definitely some self-sampling going on. this also happens on bytreqw, i believe, and clearly on onsime, although that's a special case. i should clarify that i don't have a problem with self-sampling; the distraction comes from me trying to remember where i heard those bits before.

but anyway, after some more listens i think this one of his best lps, and it has a pretty distinctive atmosphere. it evokes a lot sea/ocean imagery for me, though maybe i'm just being influenced by the artwork and alias

Guest garsioon gangwish

Being that Seaes is a collection of unreleased sketches from 1998-2013 and so on, I don't think it matters.

Being that Seaes is a collection of unreleased sketches from 1998-2013 and so on, I don't think it matters.

Where did you get that information from? Regardless of what you see as sketch in this artist's case, it doesn't sound like something collected from 15 years.

• 3 months later...

For some reason I slept on this when it first come out, only just got round to getting it and pleased I did because its awesome! Need a few more listens but think i might prefer it to his Scald Rougish release from this year... Loving the more minimal dread vibe am getting with this.

Archived