IGNORED

Fertilizer Plant in Texas (near Waco) Explodes - Massive Damage, Fatalities, Many injured

Adieu

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

qp1vDlp.jpg

I think it caught fire, and then the fertilizer acted like a giant bomb. Fertilizer was one of the ingredients in the Oklahoma City Bombing. I believe it contains large amounts of nitrogen and sulphur which both can create explosions.

I've heard 75 deaths at least, but nothing confirmed. Massive injuries though. I think people were fighting the fire as it happened.

"It was a like a nuclear bomb went off," Mayor Tommy Muska said. "Big old mushroom cloud. There are a lot of people that got hurt. There are a lot of people that will not be here tomorrow."

Fire officials fear that the number of casualties could rise as high as 60 to 70 dead, said Dr. George Smith, the emergency management system director of the city.

"That's a really rough number, I'm getting that figure from firefighters, we don't know yet," he said.

"We have two EMS personnel that are dead for sure, and there may be three firefighters that are dead."

He estimated that between 10 to 15 buildings were demolished and about 50 damaged.

Firefighters at the scene said they were concerned about anhydrous ammonia, a pungent gas with suffocating fumes that is used as a fertilizer.

When exposed to humans, it can cause severe burns if it combines with water in the body.

interesting coincidence (note: not suggesting anything nefarious) that this happened in Waco, Texas, when the media was speculating the Boston bombing might have been done around the anniversary of Oklahoma city bombing which was done in response to the Waco incident. The incident happened on April 19th

interesting coincidence (note: not suggesting anything nefarious) that this happened in Waco, Texas, when the media was speculating the Boston bombing might have been done around the anniversary of Oklahoma city bombing which was done in response to the Waco incident. The incident happened on April 19th

Woah that's weird, coincidence most likely but interesting nonetheless. Anyways yeah, saw this a little while ago, nuts. Fuck of a week for sure.

it's also worth noting that the concept of a 'fertilizer bomb' became a household term because of Timothy McVeigh's revenge attack on the FBI building in response to the siege in Waco

surprised that the idea of a 'terrorist' blowing up a fetilizer factory hasn't been suggested before (at least I havent heard it before). I don't mean in response to this but just in general

It was all over the news this morning while I was at the gym. It had along the bottom of a report "sounded like three bombs going off at once". I didn't think BBC usually try and exacerbate things but they seemed to be doing it there. I can't see any other reports of "bombs" just yet?

Archived