IGNORED

Vampire Weekend ‎– Modern Vampires Of The City

No mention of this?

I got the first album pretty fast, sort of liked it, seemed a bit hip and a bit fluffy but ok. Never bothered or heard the second album for reasons unknown.

I've heard 3 tracks (2 singles and an album track) off the new album and they sound rather brilliant. Definately gonna buy it, the reviews also seem to confirm my suspiscions that this coud be a classic.

Your thoughts are more than welcome.

I'm a fan, I saw them play in Houston once. Didn't know they had a new album coming out. I think I stopped listening to them because it made me wish I had A girlfriend, like if I had one I assume I'd be listening to them more. That and wAgAwAgA overran my mind. Regardless I'll check out their new tunes.

The new album is pretty good - yeah, old fart like me listens to hipster music. sue me.

My attorney will be contacting you shortly.

I got the first album pretty fast, sort of liked it, seemed a bit hip and a bit fluffy but ok. Never bothered or heard the second album for reasons unknown.

Contra is great, I've listened to it far more than their debut, which itself is solid. One of those super hyped bands I avoided for a bit until realizing the hype was completely warranted. I later found out Ezra was a sincere African pop fan, which he's incorporated in their music. Even though I've heard "Cousins" and "Giving Up the Gun" over and over again on local radio stations I haven't become tired of them. I think they're akin to the Police, just making really great, unique pop that doesn't seem too gimmicky nor pretentious.

I really look forward to this new album. A lot of indie bands with solid debuts and follow-ups often burn out a little once they get to their third release, but i think they're one of the exceptions.

Archived