IGNORED

1500-2000 pound budget for a drum machine.

pcock

Guest chunky

enjoy!

whats so lovely about the prophet 12s 4 oscillator setup then? must be a reason dave smith put 4 for each voice. i get that you can detune, do sync and fm stuff, but is there something else? just want to keep up with what's going on with synthesis hehe

you have good speaker monitors? cause that's what i'd get if i had the money. of course my set up is computer based so...

ive got an alright set up, krks, a nice beefy hi-fi, and some leak sandwich 70's badboys, also nice shure monitor phones, between the four of them i get a pretty reasonable sense of whats actually happening.

new monitors come second because they are useful, but boring. i want something big and spangly and cool as fuck.

I've been seeing the classic pairs of hr824's by Mackie going for as low as $350 used at guitarcenter online & ebay. I think right now the best deal on a drum machine is the 707. Even though it's digital, they are super cheap. Korg monopoly & the sequential circuits pro1 also seem to be dropping in price. Probably just a lull in the market, but it's a great time to buy. Good luck with your shopping you lucky dog.

Guest Hanratty

I would just get Reaktor while it's still $100. You get Limelite, Newschool, Sinebeats, which are all totally sick, amongst many others. Then you put your dope beats into sample manglers and make variations on your patterns, then put them through Banaan Electrique, as I often do, or any number of other effects, automate some parameters, etc, etc, etc... best $100 you can spend.

Archived