IGNORED

4 tracks here from AERPHAX

Guest aerphax

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aerphax

As I mentioned earlier I named myself Aerphax during the conversion of communication back in the early start of the 1990's (approximately 1993) were emails replaced faxes and were received through cables /air. Therefore I came up with a hybrid of the terms AIR and FAX and spelled it differently. The name "Aerphax" describes my generation well (I'm from 1974). We have experienced the transformation of primitive electronic communication options to numerous and endless options. Therefore AERPHAX it is.

It has nothing to do with Ceephax and Aphex Twin. Aerphax has a completely other story and a lot of genres as well it's not IDM only.

If we really should analyse the name Aphex. Aphex is just a name of a electronic manufactor of electronic music equipment.

So if I read between the lines Aerphax is too close.

A rip off would be Roland Twin or Korg Twin to adapt that kind of creativity.

Instead Aerphax has a story and it's old.

Actually randomAmateur I do have some from 1994 :)

Aerphax - Brainwash

I was also part Psycho Beat Warriors in 1991-1996 as Aerphax. Mostly experimental stuff. With impro recordings with short waves radioes hooked up to distortion pedals among other primitive workflows :)

https://soundcloud.com/psychobeat

I'm sure you have a wonderful amount of street cred and all that and the genesis of your name is completely authentic, but I think our point still stands. It is really a matter of association you know. We aren't trying to be jerks or anything. It is just human nature.

Guest vletrmx

I'm really digging Airtrain- it's got that utilitarian/antiseptic future city sort of feel (the same I get from, say, B12's electro-soma) but it also has a ceephaxy sense of humor. In contrast, Purple Beams and Athon just throw down hard- very nice. Looking further in the back log, though, I'd say OCT-ÆW is a highlight- pretty synths, but a lot of the vocal pummeling I get out of Exai.

lol post #100

Guest aerphax

thanks @vletrmx for listening and describe the moods of my tracks I didn't post here.

The future city mood is probably because I was inspired of the older detroit techno sound and the retro sci-fi mood in that genre.

I can't ignore I'm a product of the late 80's and 1990's :)

Here as you mentioned OCT-ÆW:

I do different genres besides IDM like. So basically electronic music.

3 tracks here in more detroit techno inspired compositions:

AERPHAX - TOXITAN CITY 001:

Classic melodic ambient:

And three tracks here in different genres:

I assumed that was why the name was criticised in the first place.

To a typical idm fanboi, it looks like an unholy conglomeration of AE, Aphex and Ceephax.

It would only look more dodgy if you spelled it Aerphaxpusher.

hahahahahah ,... classic ;-]

Sounds like music from the early nineties that didn't deserve to be remembered. I found the tracks I played were too repetitive and soulless. See you don't have to post "wow that's wonderful" to give feedback, you can also be honest.

Sounds like music from the early nineties that didn't deserve to be remembered. I found the tracks I played were too repetitive and soulless. See you don't have to post "wow that's wonderful" to give feedback, you can also be honest.

k1s0p4.gif

Guest aerphax

Well YanG - Mr Sound of the Future - now with a hat on :) I can't beat the depth you have. I must say I envy your depth. I'm actually jealous. I have too much to learn from you. You're operating in almost a different level which have multiple dimensions to cope with your in-depth analysis...I guess.

Oh fuck off "Aerphax", who the fuck do you think you are? Yang has been on this board for years and contributed an awful lot of music, advice and discussion, whereas you seem to somehow think you're above that and we should all be so grateful for your bland-ass commercial electronica. Fucking arrogant noob cunt, you don't get to speak to long term members like that. I for one will be happy to see you banned. We'll be in touch.

Well YanG - Mr Sound of the Future - now with a hat on :) I can't beat the depth you have. I must say I envy your depth. I'm actually jealous. I have too much to learn from you. You're operating in almost a different level which have multiple dimensions to cope with your in-depth analysis...I guess.

I didn't pretend to sound like the future, I pretended you sound like the past, but I have to admit I didn't take much time to listen to your stuff because your attitude just prevented me from doing so. I might have played more tracks and found a gem, but I'm just short on time with selfish cunts. You certainly have something to learn from me but I'm not sure you got yet it so I'll put it into words you'll maybe comprehend: THIS PLACE IS FOR GETTING *AND GIVING* FEEDBACK. Just imagine a world where people behave like you do. Everybody would tell everybody how they feel and never get or give a fucking answer. You are not sustainable in society, change your ways or be rejected.

Guest aerphax

BCM and yanG. Try look at this thread. Who is the aggressor? Embarrassing I must admit.

Who's talking / attacking name construction, post ratio etc. in a condescending tone.

And not music? Not me. It seems like that's more in focus.

I've always been positive and I still is. And because you guys have posted 1000's of posts it apparently gives you the ability and freedom of talking like you are teenagers in a very intellectual language. You made it clear to me I can't get any inspiration from BCM and yanG based on your colorful words.

It's ok I can live with that. I still make music. I'm still positive. I still do Aerphax tracks. Nothing has changed and your opinion is just a small piece of datas stored in a database :)

Close down or whatever. I come from a country with freedom of speech and not embarrassing post ratio status hunters who are negative triggered by a person who doesn't go star blind of debating with a "1000 poster" profile.

BCM and yanG. Try look at this thread. Who is the aggressor? Embarrassing I must admit.

Who's talking / attacking name construction, post ratio etc. in a condescending tone.

And not music? Not me. It seems like that's more in focus.

I've always been positive and I still is. And because you guys have posted 1000's of posts it apparently gives you the ability and freedom of talking like you are teenagers in a very intellectual language. You made it clear to me I can't get any inspiration from BCM and yanG based on your colorful words.

It's ok I can live with that. I still make music. I'm still positive. I still do Aerphax tracks. Nothing has changed and your opinion is just a small piece of datas stored in a database :)

Close down or whatever. I come from a country with freedom of speech and not embarrassing post ratio status hunters who are negative triggered by a person who doesn't go star blind of debating with a "1000 poster" profile.

Great! You've almost achieved perfection, we're glad for you. If you ever wanted to be perfect you should start caring about others (this is a community), but I assume it's not your goal, you were just born great, right? Your lack of consideration for what people tell you ("your opinion is just a small piece of datas stored in a database") is pretty much what we have been addressing. Please know that to us, opinions are sometimes interesting, that is the reason why we post our tracks. Maybe your opinion is worth voicing too so why not be as great a person you think you are and go review some tracks?

Last, "post ratio status hunters" prevent this forum from becoming a boring advertising place. I wouldn't call that negative.

Guest aerphax

yanG - As far as I'm concerned I know the concept of a forum. You enter this thread with the first sentence "Sounds like music from the early nineties that didn't deserve to be remembered. I found the tracks I played were too repetitive and soulless." That's pretty negative....

The "your opinion is just a small piece of datas stored in a database" sentence was only to respond in your and BCM level of communication with primitive fuck/fucking/cunt etc. words.

Normally I never use time to lower myself debating on that level. I thought this forum was about music, well thought adults. But I guess I'm wrong.

Again the negative / aggressive attitudes in this thread is NOT something I created. I haven't used your and BCM terms.

But the last answer you wrote here seems like the aggressiveness has been adjusted a bit down. That's a start.

It's like the temper feather is heading slowly to floor.

I can easily do feedback of tracks. I do it on youtube and soundcloud. And I haven't been over active in here. But I start out sharing for free my tracks and link to all my tracks in a nice good manner.

I can see that's pretty soulless act to do or arrogant or whatever you and others have mentioned. Actually it's a pretty horrible act to do :)

And suddently hell break loose just because I'm questioning the post ratio and it was based on the moderator comment on my post ratio.

You know this thread is sadly an insight of bad communication.

yanG - As far as I'm concerned I know the concept of a forum. You enter this thread with the first sentence "

Sounds like music from the early nineties that didn't deserve to be remembered. I found the tracks I played were too repetitive and soulless." That's pretty negative....

The "your opinion is just a small piece of datas stored in a database" sentence was only to respond in your and BCM level of communication with primitive fuck/fucking/cunt etc. words.

Normally I never use time to lower myself debating on that level. I thought this forum was about music, well thought adults. But I guess I'm wrong.

Again the negative / aggressive attitudes in this thread is NOT something I created. I haven't used your and BCM terms.

But the last answer you wrote here seems like the aggressiveness has been adjusted a bit down. That's a start.

It's like the temper feather is heading slowly to floor.

I can easily do feedback of tracks. I do it on youtube and soundcloud. And I haven't been over active in here. But I start out sharing for free my tracks and link to all my tracks in a nice good manner.

I can see that's pretty soulless act to do or arrogant or whatever you and others have mentioned. Actually it's a pretty horrible act to do :)

And suddently hell break loose just because I'm questioning the post ratio and it was based on the moderator comment on my post ratio.

You know this thread is sadly an insight of bad communication.

You know what's a insight of good communication? Reviewing tracks. Unlike what you're saying, posting your music without reviewing others' is NOT a "nice good manner" to post your tracks. Do you understand that? Or will you keep addressing the harsh words only to dodge the question?

i personally don't like the songs at all, and for someone who's worked for 20 years at electronic music it comes as quite a shock to hear the results. Sounds extraordinarily bland, safe, overly conservative, not creative, not adventurous, not evocative. It sounds like IDM music made for soap commercials. The project name itself only serves to add insult to injury, if you the music was special in any way I'd probably be able to look past the moniker.

12 topics and 16 posts? And?

So I should then leave - like other users a ton of numerous "great" and "that's awesome" etc. to gain indifferent statistics.

It's not my style. I just share all my music for free and downloadable. It's about quality and not quantity if the outcome of the rules are to generate a lot of useless comments, then it's irrelevant to post here. I rather have 16 posts and 12 topics than 365489 posts of "great" and "that's awesome". It seems like there's an agenda of focusing more on profile optimization / appearance than deliver content.

i agree. this place is pretty lame. sorry WATMM.

Guest aerphax

YanG: Listen - I've never said something about I wouldn't review something? It seems like a quote like that from me isn't available. It's like this debate looping.

John Ehrlichman: Great to hear your input. Finally a positive one. Thats really some useful inputs. It wasn't made for soap commercials but for american quality soap operas - as we know them. It's actually cute - you shouldn't have. I'm overwhelmed. Should I ship 3 or 4 bottles of vine?

Just continue it just makes this thread more hilarious to read. For me it's just plain and pure entertainment :)

12 topics and 16 posts? And?

So I should then leave - like other users a ton of numerous "great" and "that's awesome" etc. to gain indifferent statistics.

It's not my style. I just share all my music for free and downloadable. It's about quality and not quantity if the outcome of the rules are to generate a lot of useless comments, then it's irrelevant to post here. I rather have 16 posts and 12 topics than 365489 posts of "great" and "that's awesome". It seems like there's an agenda of focusing more on profile optimization / appearance than deliver content.

i agree. this place is pretty lame. sorry WATMM.

There is a lot of missing the point going on. The numbers were insignificant and only used to outline the fact that this dude is using this forum as a place to spam his work without contributing anything. Yes, you could go the route of leaving insincere comments of "great job" or "awesome" etc., but the isn't what is being suggested either. You are supposed to listen to people's music, and give honest feedback. There are a lot of short comments by people in this forum, but I think the majority of them are genuine. This cynical and whiny newbie is just projecting is own superficial interest onto the forum and its moderators. The rules are designed so everyone can get some attention and feedback, and to create a better communal environment. Honestly, if are going to come in this forum and do the minimum just so you can post your own work without getting hassled then you are doing yourself a disservice as there is a lot of good work here. So please shut the fuck up and review some people's work so that you can stop making a fool out of yourself.

**This isn't directed at you Charles.

Archived