IGNORED

Trans Canada Highway leaked

azatoth

Guest slow_this_world_down

Wow... now that I've gave it a proper listen with headphones, left side drive is unbelievable. same goes for skyliner. under the coke sign is a fucking awesome interlude. It really does sound like a cold, glacial area, as they described..... keeps growing on me every listen.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
left side drive might be one of my favorite boc songs. i just wish there was more of that synth that comes in at the end. excellent

That synth is most righteous

Guest The Mekon

The remix is the best thing on there, in my eyes. Far better than the original, which I was never really fond of.

The rest is passable, but doesn't really move me. It's all so familiar and bland. I prefer the interlude tracks, because they're not just 5 minutes of slight variations on recycled pads and beats.

Skyliner sounds a bit like XYZ, which is good, and it has a cute retro arpeggio in there (see around 3:55) which I am fond of.

The music isn't bad. It just doesn't move me, and it isn't particularly interesting.

i may be the only one who didn't think Boc's last ep was all that.

but this one is pretty good i must say. i enjoyed alot of the tracks. although it didnt' have much of the guitar feel as the TCH album, it still has a similar feel in general for me.

and imo, dayvan cowboy was slaughtered.

might fly for a clouddead track but not as a BoC one.

Guest six-five-two
im suprised no links?

Over 400 posts and yet he doesnt read the rules...

very solid! left side drive is in my top 10, for sure, and skyliner sounds great in 320kbps ... plus the interlude tracks are quality. i've always preferred 'dark' boards. the nosdam mix is maybe a bit too 'ambient', but still not bad

Guest Iain C
i think its sickening all you people dl this ep before its released even if you say your gonna buy the cd you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I don't find it sickening but I'll personally find it a lot more rewarding to just go out and buy the bloody record. I've got plenty of other music I can listen to in the meantime...

Guest iep
The remix is the best thing on there, in my eyes. Far better than the original, which I was never really fond of.

The rest is passable, but doesn't really move me. It's all so familiar and bland. I prefer the interlude tracks, because they're not just 5 minutes of slight variations on recycled pads and beats.

Skyliner sounds a bit like XYZ, which is good, and it has a cute retro arpeggio in there (see around 3:55) which I am fond of.

The music isn't bad. It just doesn't move me, and it isn't particularly interesting.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The remix is real good. Deep, psychedelic stuff with a real organic, breathing and LARGE sound to it... music to get lost in.. unlike the other tracks that are all basically the same, sound-wise... I have to say that boc did improve their production-quality skills, nice detailed and airy stuff on this EP...

But overall this is, indeed, extremely familiar and bland.. the synths, drums, harmonies, vibe, arrangements, it's all so familiar... I loved it... but it's starting to get real predictable now.. so, it isn't bad, and it definitely has this dense, humid and psychedelic feel to it... but it's not at all challenging like their older, more mysterious stuff....

It has beautiful reverbs, solid deep basslines, lushly tuned synths, it's good music, but STILL... it just doesn't draw me in, like Geogaddi or In a Beautiful Place Out In the Country did... it doesn't have the unpredictable, rough, lysergic edge to it anymore...

Archived