IGNORED

Richard Ayoade - The Double

MadameChaos

I've been waiting for this to come out for ages. I really enjoyed Submarine and this looks even better.

The Double is a dark comedy based on a novella of the same name by Fyodor Dostoyevsky about a man who goes mad after finding out his life has been stolen by a doppelgänger. Jesse Eisenberg stars as the man and his double, flanked by a supporting cast that includes Mia Wasikowska, Wallace Shawn, Sally Hawkins, Noah Taylor and Yasmin Paige.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWhikLYeSQ0

I've been waiting for this to come out for ages. I really enjoyed Submarine and this looks even better.

Do you really need to jump on the bandwagon with the name of the director in the thread title before the name of the film? I know Redruth does it, but that doesn't mean you need to do it too. Is Ayoade such a big director now that people should immediately know who he is?

Yes, you are arty and profound but just a little self awareness now and again. Thanks.

Do you really need to jump on the bandwagon with the name of the director in the thread title before the name of the film? I know Redruth does it, but that doesn't mean you need to do it too. Is Ayoade such a big director now that people should immediately know who he is?

Yes, you are arty and profound but just a little self awareness now and again. Thanks.

excuse me?

i-dont-care-lol-bye-dolphin.gif

I think you out cunted me.

bravo for being more of a cunt than I am!

edit: oh. Thanks.

Guest Wall Bird

I think you're underestimating how many people are interested in who directs which film.

Besides, you wouldn't make a thread about a new album without posting the artist's name, would you?

Sweet mother of a manchild, i think i understand what you mean but i think it is indeed you who is underestimating the people who have the interest in the film. Because they are interested to the extent that they don't need someone to spell out the name of the guy who made it.

With regards to the album analogy i don't think that applies to movies, such is the collaborative effort. A person doesn't need to know who made the film in the same way they would like to know who made the music. if they have a sufficient interest in the film they will more than likely know who made it already. Word up, y'all.

I'm quite looking forward to this. I've become a bit of an Ayoade fanboy as of late. Got "Darkplace" and "Man to Man" DVDs and everything. But get this: I didn't really like "Submarine" all that much. I guess I don't care for those "City (comma) State" type indie movies.

Dostoyevsky, on the other hand: yes, please. Directed by Ayoade and starring that mouse-looking guy from "Facebook: the Film"? All right. Let's go!

Archived