IGNORED

90 bpm IDM-ish slow dance

ambermonk

GenBan isn't the only thing I do on WATMM. I got sort of a stem track here, but so far I'm undecided as to whether to expand it. Feedback is welcome, but you're under no obligation to do so.

[sc5]117737043[/sc5]

This is so good, loving the dark bass line. I like the detail at 1:19. Maybe the secondary instrument that starts at 0:18 could be a bit louder (?)

I think that this track has potential, especially if you make it build up, or change the scale at some point. Even though i like the fact that it is 1 min and 25' short, i would love to hear a longer version!

Sounds interesting, maybe some kind of accenting/rhythmic details/varying filtering or reverb on the beat to give it more movement? Or maybe more rhythmic variation/catchy rhythms/accenting on the bassline, moving on and off the beat, accentuating up-beats etc.

Then again, maybe you could work on where it's going next before you decide what it needs to do

Perhaps it's what you're going for but I do find the stereo effect on the snare really offputting. Both on speakers (Logitech consumer but alright) and headphones (Sennheiser HD-25s).

If you are going for that delay/slap in the left channel thing then completely ignore what I'm saying but I might notch the high mids and then rely upon a really quick gated stereo verb or early reflection program to open up the snare without pushing it back. But leaving the actual snare mono.

Like those rolls at 1:19 more of those please.

I don't suppose this is the final version of the track, right?

So, there's something up with the snare, that I can't quite put my finger on. It just sounds as if it's about to pop both my monitors and my headphones. Did you fiddle around the EQ too much? Sounds like there's something going on the mid/high end frequencies. Also, did you add a frequency panner or something?

Also, the track needs a lot more variation. It's almost uplifting when the voice pops in near the end.

Archived