IGNORED

Weekly Beats 2014

modey

Thought I'd promote this here in case anyone else is interested. Write and upload a track each week in 2014. I haven't done it before, but some friends of mine in the chip scene did it in 2012 and it sounded like fun, so I thought I'd sign up and try to push myself a little. Gonna attempt some wacky multi-genre stuff!

http://weeklybeats.com/

I'm thinking of doing everything in Nanoloop for it..

On Gameboy or Android/iOS?

See a few familiar names from 2012… trash80, little-scale, saskrotch, protman.

I don't think I'd be able to keep up with this though and still have the tracks be somewhat listenable.

I'm thinking of doing everything in Nanoloop for it..

On Gameboy or Android/iOS?

See a few familiar names from 2012… trash80, little-scale, saskrotch, protman.

I don't think I'd be able to keep up with this though and still have the tracks be somewhat listenable.

On Android, haven't looked at it in a while, but they did a big interface update for it, and it has ~4 second sampletime now.

I think of all the time I play Wordfued and read useless news shit on it, and I could be enjoying this shit too.... Every week poop out a little 1 or 2 minute ditty, no problem.. might even get interesting :)

Sunvox on Android is cool too, but it's a little cramped on my Nexus 7.. but I'd like to go all Android for this.

Nice! Don't forget Caustic 3. I've been playing with it a ton since it was ported to iOS. It's serious. Love Sunvox as well.

Hey thanks for reminding me of that, last time I checked it was on my HTC Desire. In my memory it sucked :)

It's real nice.. sort of a mobile Reason. Liking the sound I can get out of it.. Nanoloop is still cool too, such a nice way of pattern sequencing.

will probably alternate between them, maybe do some sunvox stuff. Also thinking of doing sample only remixes in Renoise later on.

This sort of thing really appeals to me - I tried to do the RPM challenge last year but I failed due to it becoming too much of a pressure on stylistic consistency and trying to get things to fit into an "album" format. Shame that I'm pretty snowed just now and have a whole buncg of projects to finish off.

Can you join in half way through the year?

Yeah my first submission was a pretty easy one; I just went for a 10 minute cosmic acid jam. I'm hoping to get pretty wacky with mine in the future though. I've got no ideas for this week but maybe I'll try some sound collage stuff.

I don't know man... I'm not putting my track above anyone else who submitted... But I think I probably dislike about 95% of the tracks!

That was tough, but I'm encouraged that even though I had almost no time this week, I still completed something.

I haven't listened to a ton yet, but I found some good tracks. Missingsense- I thought yours was one of the best. What did you end up using for it? I used Caustic for mine. It's a bit crashy on iOS as well.

That was tough, but I'm encouraged that even though I had almost no time this week, I still completed something.

I haven't listened to a ton yet, but I found some good tracks. Missingsense- I thought yours was one of the best. What did you end up using for it? I used Caustic for mine. It's a bit crashy on iOS as well.

hey thanks man, just trying to push myself to finish more tracks and try more things.

was using Renoise... I should get that save habbit back again, but I got really spoiled with Reason that never really crashed, most solid audio software ever. Renoise is pretty good too and it saves crashbackups. Might give it another go later if he updates the soft, I sent a bug report to the developer.

I don't know man... I'm not putting my track above anyone else who submitted... But I think I probably dislike about 95% of the tracks!

I haven't got to your track yet but I've been listening all morning and I like most of what I've heard!

Thanks! It's been a while since I recorded sludge metal so it's good to know I can still do it, haha.

And your track is cosmic as fuck! I love the ridiculous amount of cosmic music people are making lately; definitely relevant to my interests.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived