IGNORED

St. Vincent - St. Vincent

theinvasionboys

new album is streaming from npr and can be found to download elsewhere online

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/17/274773638/first-listen-st-vincent-st-vincent

tumblr_n170ol4xkd1qdl86po1_500.jpg

anybody else into this? I've been a fan since Strange Mercy. John Congleton, the producer, uses some pretty IDM-ish programming sometimes.

will be seeing her live in April, I am exaite

Yeah she's really talented, excellent guitarist too. I actually caught her do a solo set with like, maybe a dozen other people at a free sxsw show in 2007. We were waiting for Octopus Project to play. She had put out like twos EP at that point and was a session/touring musician out of Dallas. It was hot and sunny and she was in this kind of gothy outfit and I was like "ah man, I don't know about this" but damn she was good. She got signed not long after.

I dug the collaboration she did with David Byrne a lot, haven't heard the new LP beyond the new single. The live show should be great.

To my knowledge I've only heard the new track Digital Witness, which is a seriously sick track indeed.

I'll be looking forward to hearing this new album (when I'm chilled and in 'new album zone' mind territory)

I know nothing about her apart from Digital Witness which alone is enough for me, it's not what I really would consider my usual thing, a different trajectory.

Guest vletrmx

Yeah she's really talented, excellent guitarist too. I actually caught her do a solo set with like, maybe a dozen other people at a free sxsw show in 2007. We were waiting for Octopus Project to play. She had put out like twos EP at that point and was a session/touring musician out of Dallas. It was hot and sunny and she was in this kind of gothy outfit and I was like "ah man, I don't know about this" but damn she was good. She got signed not long after.

I dug the collaboration she did with David Byrne a lot, haven't heard the new LP beyond the new single. The live show should be great.

very cool! octopus project is badass imo :music:

very cool! octopus project is badass imo :music:

Yeah they are, they have quite a fan following which doesn't surprise me. They aren't talk about as much as I would expect.

New album is pretty good, gave it a spin last night. Very engaging lyrics, which is saying a lot from me, I usually don't fixate on the actual words often.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

new to her. really liking this new album. prefer your love, prince johny, rattlesnake.

I'd quite like to hear bat for lashes cover prefer your love

Archived