IGNORED

The Allegory Of The Cave

Redruth

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the 'is my red/blue the same as your red/blue' argument interests me more tbh

although the whole problem of, people who get what the implications/meaning/possible horrifyingness of that question are versus DURHUR WHAT ABOUT COLORBLIND PEOPLE HUR I would say is being in the cave versus being out of the cave

but yeah I'm interested as far as synesthesia-type stuff, like I don't even know how to say what I'm getting at. Like a lot of this stuff was on the fringe of my consciousness but now I totally realize like 'hey this combination of colors tastes like cabbage' sorts of things, like it was always there but I could never appreciate it until then. Not even so much expressing it as appreciating it. And now I'm pretty worried if some people can appreciate like important stuff that matters on any level, like erm 'poor people just aren't trying hard enough' vs they're living breathing 3, maybe even 4-dimensional people with as much humanity/fallibility as anyone else. Also religion and stuff and other rigid belief systems. Like anything where no amount of argument could make you understand their point of view, maybe there is no atom of comprehension in certain people even though they might be like 'yeah ok' etc. etc. Or they did have a chance but once they turned 7 years old they lost the opportunity

But yeah I would say literal stuff like 'other people don't see music' or 'this sounds like noise where I hear music??' kind of led from one thing to another to where I'm really slow/unwilling to blame anyone. Like even really fucked up people, maybe they're so delusional beyond anyone else's comprehension, someday we'll be able to beam into someone else's brain and be like oh man this dude was screwed from the start. Like I'm not anti-free will I don't think but I think maybe we're such a bundle of associations/faulty logic/brian chemicals that you'd need one hell of a zen moment to be shook to your core enough to snap out of it. Man that sounds kind of bad but most people aren't that extreme/hardcore/powerful enough for it to matter. But yeah this is why everyone should hate Deadmau5. Also if you born in middle east you'd probably be Muslim/if you became a celebrity tomorrow you'd probably develop opiate addiction/if you had absolute power you'd probably be corrupted absolutely, is what I'm saying. That one time Blue Oyster Cult and Boards of Canada tried to slip LSD into Nixon's coffee was the smartest thing anyone ever attempted

Edit: Anybody ever read the same thing I did that claimed brain activity of hate group was actually LESS active when shown picture/mentioned x group of people. As in someone like Hitler actually barely thought about Jewish people at all as opposed to his train of thought constantly being 'argh those Jews!!' etc.

but yeah allegory of the cave is kind of icky/elitist/only cooldudes can get out of cave/get into the cooldude club. I just think people have massive gaping ecstasy holes in their brains, that's all. But probably even someone like ullilililililia is really interesting on the inside/some random nondescript dude in India experiences sexual feelings upon seeing the color plaid but nobody will ever know unless maybe he starts a blog before dying from dysentery. So in that way I'm like yes probably everyone has an interesting story/matters but human shortcomings at expression etc. and the best we can do is do things that accenutuate the good parts of human nature. maybe probably drugs but fuck heroin

also more people should get on the weird part of youtube and wonder why things are creepy/feel vulnerability, instead of vevo pewdiepie idunno I don't even pay attention to the main/popular part of youtube. also farmville is the direct creation of satan even though he doesn't exist

Edit: being all retro about the 90's isn't the problem, it's thinking that you've FIGURED OUT the 90's

You should google for the term qualia. It might get you sexually aroused even. But besides that, it might give you a set of concepts which help you define your thoughts, because to me it sounds very related to what you are getting at (synesthesia type stuff).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia

Qualia (/ˈkwɑːliə/ or /ˈkweɪliə/; singular form: quale (Latin pronunciation: [ˈkwaːle]) is a term used in philosophy to refer to individual instances of subjective, conscious experience. The term derives from a Latin word meaning for "what sort" or "what kind." Examples of qualia are the pain of a headache, the taste of wine, or the perceived redness of an evening sky.

Archived