IGNORED

Vancouver trip

Tauhid

Anyone attending the New Forms Festival next week? I'll be driving up Friday the 19th and will be attending both shows that night. Also looking for suggestions for things to do around the city. I'll most definitely be hitting up Chinatown. I'd like to stay the whole weekend, but need a place to stay. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

http://2014.newformsfestival.com/

• 2 weeks later...

LOL of course I would be out of the country while this is going on.

murcof, OPN, madlib and Bochum Welt..cheap too, 125 bucks for what looks like a great event. Morton Subotnick with opening remarks..

Well enjoy - can't really recommend anywhere to stay..

Thanks, it should be cool. Murcof is definitely the highlight for me.

And no worries, I'm looking at Airbnb. Most promising option for places to stay I suppose.

I'd forgotten all about that; haven't listened to that album in ages. I did a search for East Hastings after reading Stephen's post and was surprised to see that pop up.

I lived close to there when I was in Vancouver and I never really felt unsafe walking around. It's like a its own little micro-city of extreme drug enthusiasts.

Yeah can't say East Hastings is really that dangerous..just be a touch more aware of what's going on around you if you end up there.

I was only there once, on my way through vancouver we stayed at a hotel there. Didn't know it had a bad rep or whatever. There were prostitutes abound and lots of junkies.

I mean, I'm usually comfortable around those types of people so maybe I was just shocked or hyperaware since I was in a new place or something.

Vancouver is a beautiful city though I wish I had more time to explore it.

Archived