IGNORED

AHHHHH FRUTIY LOOPS!!!

Guest môak

Guest Iain C

I don't think it ever was an argument really. I agree the automation in FL used to totally suck... that was one of the things that drew me to Ableton... but I think they souped it up quite a lot in V5, and you can record audio into it as well now too. Still no midi effects I don't think, but ableton has a few and they're very useful :laughing:

I HATE Cubase and Logic and similar programs to this (needlessly fiddly and annoying and CPU intensive)

I think that about says it. I like to spend hours being anal and tweaking knob automation so it is _exactly_ right... I also have a dual athlon PC. :grin: If you're not a details person and you just want to get some music done, FL will serve you well, but I'm a computer nerd and I love endlessly tinkering with things. Hugely complex pieces of software also make me boner, because I find a large number of options inspiring.

LUDD - In Cubase, my usual dealie is: 1) Roughly twiddle the knobs like I want live and record it, 2) Go back and edit that in detail via value vs. time on a bar next to my midi. If FL can do that now, I rescind my effects automation comment. I have briefly dicked around with FL 4 and 5, actually, just not written any music with it... 3 was the last I did serious work in. BTW, can you record audio in it, now? Any facilities for messing audio tracks? I would also like to see MIDI effects (Cubase has MidiEcho, Arpache, etc).

I really don't hate FL or anything, and I didn't mean to start one of these pointless interweb debates. Sorry if I offended anyone. I guess it's just, a lot of the terrible bedroom studio music I've heard was cranked out of FL (I'm sure none of it was from you chaps, just saying) and I have a hard time taking something "fruity" seriously.

As I said before, as long as it works for you, I honestly don't give a shit. But opinions were being dispensed, and so I gave mine.

Yeah, fair fucking play mate. Like you say, whatever works for you. Yeah, you can record audio into FL6, but it doesn't have the more fancy features like MIDI effects (er, well I don't think it does. Probably has now I've said it doesn't....), or infinitely adjustable effects automation etc. I'm sure if I used Cubase for a few months and got the hang of it, I'd love it - I've just always either used hardware synths (mainly Groovebox-y type things) or FLoops or ACID Pro to make my better tunes and like the step sequencer as I'm used to programming that way. Not a big fan of painting notes onto a piano roll (even though I do do this in Floops sometimes), but I do like the way you can use the step sequencer and choose each note on that. Also like the arrangement page - find it dead quick and simple.

So, yeah, horses for courses I guess. :flower:

this is just another full thread of fucking fanboism

everyone should use the sequencers and softwares that work well for themselves, and stop crapping all over others.

You can't take anything coming out of Floops serious? Wtf?

Is it about the fucking sequencer one is using,

or IS IT ABOUT THE FUCKING MUSIC

they should close this thread now, before one of the kids hurt themselves

Cubase sucks shit - i used it for years (since the ATARI days) - it's overblown shit - binned it, got an SX boxed copy in a cupboard gathering dust

Ableton is amazing, best music software of the past decade - it has a step sequencer (someone asked that)

FL Slicer is pure class

Reason is a sketchpad - don't like the sequencer on it

Renoise is good for stuff

ProTools is for cunts with too much money

Guest Mr. Magoo

i've never seen the pro-tools.

screenshot?

what the fruity slicer?

abelton has a sequencer? i thought ti was just a piano roll?

Archived