IGNORED

Friends music - what do you think?

TRiP

Yo all,

Friend of mine has been making music on and off for a number of years, he broke his last 2 laptops which had all his old music, so he's pretty much having to start over - used to use Reason, but now he's just using an Ipad (not sure which app)

he's not very good at promoting/sharing his work, but i think he's a bit of a genius so would love to share it around and get peoples thoughts - if the feedback is good I might be able to use some words here to convince him to push on and try establish himself a bit more

https://soundcloud.com/santa-wrek/sacrifice-in-the-wood

IMO The first track has nice ideas. it starts really well and it works well until the trumpet samples come in. From that point on is kinda repetitive and "boring". it get better when the trumpets go out and the synth line remains by itself, but at that point the track is kinda spoiled in my ears.

It think he has potential, but he may be lazy.

After listening to the whole track, I did not want to listen to the second one, mostly because I'm expecting to find the same things: cool ideas and repetitiveness.

liked 2nd track. some of the percussive parts remind me of pantha dru prince, which is a great thing

a little long though. if the second half had some other elements it wouldn't be an issue. i think

those are cool tracks. Nice sounds he mixes up (brass and acid get pretty well together!). But yeah I find the tracks too long, I also think they would benefit for being edited.

Archived