IGNORED

Biosphere - Das Subharchord

th555

10 minute track made on an old DDR synth.

https://biosphere.bandcamp.com/track/das-subharchord

«In the late 1950′s the East German government decided that it needed to develop an ability to produce electronic music for film and TV for Eastern block media as well as provide a platform serious modern electronic music to compete with the likes of WDR Electronic Music Studio in west Germany. The result of this was the foundation of the first East European electronic music studio under the auspices of the East German National Radio (RFZ) in 1956 (and closed in 1970). The studio was called the Labor für Akustisch-Musikalische Grenzprobleme ( laboratory for problems at the border of acoustics/music ), and in 1960 the Subharchord was created as the centrepiece of the Laboratory.»

More info: www.facebook.com/thesubharchord

I feel like the bleeps and bloops sound too "preset" like and clash with the watery background drone which is pretty cool. I don't know, I've been really disappointed by his post-Dropsonde work, for the most part. This commission is great though:

Archived