IGNORED

rack sampler question

YEK

No drag&drop, I don't think a GUI comes into the picture here.

Can you be more specific?

just wondering how you get samples from a cd into a sampler. i realize that different brands might have different ways...

The files on the CD will probably have to be a certain format that the sampler supports, etc. Then there is some sort of button pressing procedure to load samples from disk.

The files on the CD will probably have to be a certain format that the sampler supports, etc. Then there is some sort of button pressing procedure to load samples from disk.

Gosh that takes me back, always remember reading about the different cd compatibilities in Future Music and thinking what a pain that sounds ! But yeah, looks like they're still releasing them - http://www.producerloops.com/Akai-S-3000-Sample-CD-Downloads/?skipcdn

how do files get loaded onto rack samplers from cdroms using scsi? is it easy to do? is it drag and drop?

Well, you connect the CD-ROM-drive via SCSI, and then dive into your samplers "LOAD"-menu (if you happen to get the sampler to recognize the CD-drive, proper SCSI-communication and termination is a science of it's own).

It takes a bit of luck, isn't drag & drop and you have to like old samplers to really see the joy of it all.

There is a whole new way to get sounds into old stuff with the help och flashcard-readers but then you have to have your CD-ROM-sounds already in your computer to tranfer the sounds to the sampler...

(I used to love my old 2MB Akai S2000 and used just floppies with it! My 5-6 softsamplers doesn't sound the same even with same sourcematerial, not that the S2000 has anything "special" about it's sound but different samplers treat sounds their own way... But I'm not going back to old hardware and their ancient transfermethods anyway...)

how do files get loaded onto rack samplers from cdroms using scsi? is it easy to do? is it drag and drop?

Well, you connect the CD-ROM-drive via SCSI, and then dive into your samplers "LOAD"-menu (if you happen to get the sampler to recognize the CD-drive, proper SCSI-communication and termination is a science of it's own).

It takes a bit of luck, isn't drag & drop and you have to like old samplers to really see the joy of it all.

There is a whole new way to get sounds into old stuff with the help och flashcard-readers but then you have to have your CD-ROM-sounds already in your computer to tranfer the sounds to the sampler...

(I used to love my old 2MB Akai S2000 and used just floppies with it! My 5-6 softsamplers doesn't sound the same even with same sourcematerial, not that the S2000 has anything "special" about it's sound but different samplers treat sounds their own way... But I'm not going back to old hardware and their ancient transfermethods anyway...)

hmm, thanks all. entropi, i'll look into flashcard readers, thanyou

Archived