IGNORED

Ambient - 'Purple Wave'

Twelvetrees

I'm new to music making so there's a few technical problems with the track that I don't know how to fix but I really like the melodies I came up with here.

[sc5]196167572[/sc5]

Guest kymppinetti

Too loud, no? It's kind a, how to say, 'unrhythmic'. But I liked it like that.

Btw. I'm new too.

Yeah I don't see technical problems as well. Reminds me of Aphex (ofc) and Nate Young's strange ambient. I suggest you check out his Stay Asleep album. The high-pitched end note surprised me in a good way, it made me quickly aware of "ok, this strange hypnosis is now over" because yes man, this track is quite hypnotic :)

Very nice and chill. I think I may see one thing you're complaining about. What program (DAW) are you using may I ask? You may find it helpful adjusting the velocity on each individual note. If you're playing a chord and all the notes are at 100% velocity, then it can have an overwhelming effect.

It sounds decent man, keep on making trax. The only kinds of technical problems are ones where something is (unintentionally) obviously too loud, or clipping or something. Now, you might have some "creativity" issues due to lack of experience :) but even AFX can't suss out 100% the potential of a synth. (not yet anyway)

Very nice and chill. I think I may see one thing you're complaining about. What program (DAW) are you using may I ask? You may find it helpful adjusting the velocity on each individual note. If you're playing a chord and all the notes are at 100% velocity, then it can have an overwhelming effect.

I used FL trial version. I came up with the sound by messing around with the DX10 synth, trying to learn what each knob did by trial and error. A successful exercise I think!

Archived