IGNORED

RSD 2015

Rubin Farr

maybe we shouldn't post on electronic music boards. it's killing the environment.

we should also get rid of our computers and, by proxy, stop listening to all our digital downloads that are apparently so much more convenient and Earth friendly compared to their melted dinosaur brethren. I mean, since we're talking about saving the planet and all that.

we should also sterilise ourselves, because there are way too many people on the planet at the moment.

Oh ffs man lay off. This kind of nerd-logic internet troll shit is so boring and lame.

i don't get it, aren't you a cd enthusiast?

anyway, this kind of argument against vinyl is pretty weak imo. the digital alternative is very obviously dependent upon the corporate mass manufacture of plastic gadgets that have an increasingly brief shelf life. not to mention the fact that computer technology and the various tech corporations etc are an integral part of ruthless and earth-destroying global forces. the idea that digital commodities are somehow some ethereal and earth-friendly phenomenon is not very well thought out.

Sure, vinyl is not biodegradable but so what? I have LPs in my collection from 60 years ago and they still sound great. On the other hand none of my hardrives, computers, phones etc lasted even 10 years before they became obsolescent junk.

the idea that putting money into the hands of amazon, google, att, apple whatever in order to consume digital products on shitty computers is some beautiful green earth day koombaya shit is pretty weak imo.

format righteousness...so watmm.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a bunch of music mastered digitally... pressed to non bio-degradable PVC discs that hold 20 minutes of music... degrade in quality with every play until sounding awful... eventually ends up in landfills and the ocean where they will poison the soil & water & break down into tiny nubs that fish ingest... will remain there for 10,000 years...

all so some nostalgic hipster can act like something sounds better because it's missing some of the frequencies in the digital master. they use the word "warm" despite having no idea what they're saying and are just parroting a buzzword the hipsters before them said.

but hey it looks cool on a shelf behind you in your youtube vids bruh

lol ye PVC usage in vinyl is the real killer. Whats your house made of mate?

You could have a go at anything that isn't necessary just to stay alive.

Can they melt down black vinyl and press it again, like gold or other precious metals? It's petroleum based, we recycle plastics all the time.

Yes, vinyl is recyclable. Just like any other plastics we use in millions of applications.

Buy a bottle of water, you are hitler. Autopilot is just trolling.

Archived