IGNORED

Dawn of Midi - any fans?

awepittance

I've been listening to their album Dysnomia for a couple of years and always thought it was really unique and well produced. I guess the album is getting sort of a reboot/reissue status this month. At first i thought it was a brand new album and got all excited, but alas it was not. For those who haven't heard Dysnomia I highly recommend it

https://bleep.com/release/60614-dawn-of-midi-dysnomia

a few people had a similar reaction to the new Aphex Computer Controller Instruments record when it came out, which was that it kinda sounds like Dawn of Midi

Saw them at Big Ears last year and liked their performance a lot. Just wished they would have "opened up" a bit more and been a bit more chaotic. Very technical and very cool though. I really should spin this again; thanks for the reminder!

I like it a lot, noticed that they keep taking it down from Bandcamp and then putting it back online again, not sure why. Great though, definitely hope they do some more stuff soon.

Among other things, this is maybe one of the best albums of all time to put on if you need to get some work done. Especially computer / office / etc. work. POWER MODE

Weird that it’s being re-released or whatever.

I hope the re-issue gets this band a lot of hype, part of me worries that since they didn't 'take off' the first time around they're hoping a re-issue will get them on the map. Oddly though I only heard of the first iteration of the album because of the massive marketing campaign behind it, it even had a feature/stream on NPR which in my book is bigtime for any electronic music release.
I just want them to release another album because this one is fucking great.

A saw them a year or two back at a little art gallery down the street. They're amazing. Such restraint.

I got to chat with the drummer a bit, too. Nice bloke. I think he said his favorite drummer was Jack DeJohnette.

Among other things, this is maybe one of the best albums of all time to put on if you need to get some work done. Especially computer / office / etc. work. POWER MODE

Weird that it’s being re-released or whatever.

yeah this.

it's a great album and awesome productivity music

its interesting to watch them live VS listening to the album because the album was produced in a way that is almost trying to sound like minimal electronic music. I've only seen youtube videos, so not to say it 'doesn't translate' but the sound pallette even though its technically the same as the album gives the music an extremely different feel.

Archived