IGNORED

Hiroyuki Nishimura bosses up 4chan

Today I'm pleased to announce that Hiroyuki Nishimura, best known as the founder of 2channel, has taken my place as the owner of 4chan.

Hiroyuki is a pioneer in the world of anonymous communities, and can be thought of as the great-grandfather of 4chan. His creation of 2channel in 1999 sparked an era of anonymous-centric web culture in Japan that led to the creation of Futaba Channel, the site that inspired 4chan. None of us would be using 4chan today—or potentially any anonymous image board—if it weren't for him.

I met Hiroyuki in 2011 and we became fast friends, bonding over our shared passion for creating and managing online communities. He is one of few individuals with a deep understanding of what it means to provide a digital home for tens of millions of people for more than a decade. There is nobody more qualified than Hiroyuki to lead 4chan, and I can't think of a person better suited for the task.

4chan sits on the eve of two great milestones—its 2 billionth post and 12th birthday. It has been a great privilege to serve as 4chan's founder and steward for almost twelve years, and I can't wait to see what lays in store under Hiroyuki's experienced leadership.

–moot

^ lol

here's a more darker side to the whole concept:

http://pastebin.com/8bfsk6jP

basically it boils down to Hiroyiki selling the data behind all the traffic to Hottolink, a company that mines social data and sells it to interested companies (aka the parasites side of the human spectre),

for instance, the stock of Hottolink has risen 60 points in the last few days, most likely due to insider trading.

great job. pack your shit and head up to 8chan

He's been answering questions and man... this guy doesn't have a clue about a lot of basic stuff

http://boards.4chan.org/qa/thread/183913/answers-thread-qa-session-with-hiroyuki-nishimura

Best answer:

>>183978 → #

I don't know why you guy like EVA so much.

It was 20 years ago?

I was so excited when I happened to watch it.

^ lol

basically it boils down to Hiroyiki selling the data behind all the traffic to Hottolink, a company that mines social data and sells it to interested companies (aka the parasites side of the human spectre),

for instance, the stock of Hottolink has risen 60 points in the last few days, most likely due to insider trading.

I am morbidly curious to know what insights marketing companies hope to find on 4chan.

^ lol

I am morbidly curious to know what insights marketing companies hope to find on 4chan.

Probably if you like to eat chicken, as one member displayed with a chan link in chatmm yesterday. My mind is still scarred.

What's really telling is the attitude many of the channers have - it seems like from many of the responses, the channers were asking for guidance - whereas dude's answers were along the lines of "the site is here for you guys, so what do you want to make of it?"

Archived