IGNORED

Softube Modular (Software Eurorack)

flacid

I think it's daft that people are bitching about this, saying to just use max/map... It takes me forever to do anything in those programs, and time is my most valuable asset. I am, however, very familiar with patching hardware and VA modular, so the extensibility of this is very exciting. Although I probably won't be able to afford it

No, ive not heard any software come close to the filters & running things at audio rate, or some of the perfectly in tune supersonic no aliasing high octaves I can get out of some of my oscillators...

i don't think it's hard. the right VA synth can sound exactly the same as an analogue equiv. i'd be interested in doing some tests for this, but i'm willing to bet that there are very few people who can tell the diff between good software emulation and the real thing.

It interests me that opinions can be so varied when it comes to software. I'm trying to learn for myself and have found that software/digital can make some amazing sounds regardless of any comparison with analog hardware.

As an aside do you guys know whether Aleksi Perala's colundi work is digital? I've been listening a lot recently and the tones sound very clear/clean. Is this to do with the sound source or just amazing mastering?

I think it's daft that people are bitching about this, saying to just use max/map... It takes me forever to do anything in those programs, and time is my most valuable asset. I am, however, very familiar with patching hardware and VA modular, so the extensibility of this is very exciting. Although I probably won't be able to afford it

Great point and shows that different people are looking for different things. I have Ableton and looked in to Max/MSP. It looks very interesting/in depth but I'm more interested in creating music than I am coding new sounds/instruments so decided to use Oscillot (based around Max I think?) and Reaktor instead. I made my own 'SH 101' with Oscillot and am learning how to make synths with blocks and it's great fun.

i absolutely love my modular, and i would utterly crave a system as simple to decipher, and yet complex and fascinating to use as my Makenoise Function and Mutable Tides, to manipulate parameters in a software setting. il be checking this out for sure.

I sometimes forget to add that I just think analogue & digital just sound different, I mean they both can do audio rate modulation & they both have filters but in use I get different results. They both have their place & im a big fan of all music making devices :wink:

Great point and shows that different people are looking for different things. I have Ableton and looked in to Max/MSP. It looks very interesting/in depth but I'm more interested in creating music than I am coding new sounds/instruments so decided to use Oscillot (based around Max I think?)

Yeah, it's built using Max - kinda similar to the now built in Vizzie and Beap 'pre-fab' modules in Max 7

Archived