IGNORED

Noise/ambient

th555

I love a bit of synth noise.

The first track must have been really fun to make, but I feel it needs a bit more variation in timbre/texture to be interesting.

The second is much more interesting, there is a greater variety of textures and also there are some changes in tension/emotion.

I really like the raw synth noise of the third one and there is enough alteration in the drone to keep me hooked for a fair while, though not 11 mins! (although I don't have a great concentration span at the best of times(!) so yeah...)

The transition on 1:42 in the first one is nice. All in all it's some better noise music with hypnotic qualities but more variation would be good. Also it could be just a little bit less harsh to make it more accessible. Can't stand listening to this loudly

• 2 weeks later...

horlogiic ocean is a really fun song, nice stuff! that filter sweep ending at 1:09 might have gone a little too high, but it was much more interesting than not changing anything. straight-up noise isn't my thing mostly, though i sometimes listen to merzbow. the second one you have up there is interesting, but it doesn't build so it doesn't really hold my interest for long.

• 3 weeks later...

Love these tracks! They remind me of some early experimental stuff I heard in college a few years back when we all used to pile into a garage and chain smoke cigarettes over our synthesizers. The second track especially had a nice ethereal feel. 

• 4 weeks later...

I like them. Especially "digdug rattle grooves". But they are all still a little too focused on technical stuff and what you can do with different devices/software, could be a little more listener orientated. You could add some unexpected changes or more transformations rather than producing more or less static sounds, that would add complexity and make it more interesting to listen to. But maybe using statics is the idea, I don't know. Other than that these are some interesting experiments

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived