IGNORED

Titch Thomas tracks

titch thomas

I'm starting this thread for all Titch Thomas related WIPs. Thank you, as always, for listening, and for your critiques, advice, etc.

Two new-ish tracks, which could use some better leveling I think. It's hard for me to hear them fresh again, though, so your thoughts are definitely welcome.

MAINFRAME FANTASY

https://soundcloud.com/titch-thomas/mainframe-fantasy

WESTERN STATES

https://soundcloud.com/titch-thomas/western-states

Thanks!

TT

Best tracks I've heard from you, fantastic work! 

EDIT: Are you using any software in these tracks besides effect units? They sound awfully analog throughout.

Thanks, man! I'm definitely trying to achieve an analog sound. Some of the drums are digital, though, and I sometimes use AudioRealism's Bass Line 3.

TT

Smooth warm tracks  :music: , was somehow rapping I need love from ll cool j on top of western states, must be the oldschool drum sounds :) . 

OH MY GOD I have to layer those vocals on top of this track now! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice pallet of sounds on mainframe fantasy and western states, enjoyed the vibes you've created. I'm listening on crappy earbuds so can't say too much on the mix, but the composition and melodies/harmonies sound pleasant. The tracks develop nicely and don't get monotonous. The analogue vibe is sweet too. the beats are nicely varied throughout, especially on western states - nice hi hat flurries. (By the way - I've only listened to the first 2 tracks, so far) Very enjoyable to listen to mate, nice work.

One advice/idea from me would be maybe sampling something - maybe a short vocal phrase or chirping birds and fucking with the samples - maybe relating to the titles?

and adding them somehow to your tracks, to make them - don't know more "your's" i guess. Maybe some sampling would be nice to marry with all the analogue sounding stuff? anyway just a thought  :wink:

Nice pallet of sounds on mainframe fantasy and western states, enjoyed the vibes you've created. I'm listening on crappy earbuds so can't say too much on the mix, but the composition and melodies/harmonies sound pleasant. The tracks develop nicely and don't get monotonous. The analogue vibe is sweet too. the beats are nicely varied throughout, especially on western states - nice hi hat flurries. (By the way - I've only listened to the first 2 tracks, so far) Very enjoyable to listen to mate, nice work.

One advice/idea from me would be maybe sampling something - maybe a short vocal phrase or chirping birds and fucking with the samples - maybe relating to the titles?

and adding them somehow to your tracks, to make them - don't know more "your's" i guess. Maybe some sampling would be nice to marry with all the analogue sounding stuff? anyway just a thought  :wink:

Thanks mate, this is some excellent, excellent feedback. I certainly appreciate the time you took to respond. I like your idea about bringing in some samples, especially, since it's something I rarely do. I think you're right in that it would off-set the analogue vibe a bit. My more recent tracks have become a bit faster and break-ier (more complex drum variations, etc.), so I feel, again, like some sampling would round things out nicely. Thanks again for the listen and for the comments!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PHLUB gives me a sunny bunny feelin. Seriously though, sounds like it could be a Syro remix or something. 

Thanks dude! I'm definitely going for that sunny bunny flavor.

*No bunnies were harmed in the making of this track*

Hi, everybody. I'm hoping for some mixing advice on this one. Anything feel overwhelming? Out of place? Too repetitive? Forever thanks for your sagely wisdoms.

PRIMAL FACTOR

https://soundcloud.com/titch-thomas/primal-factor

TT

The kick seems to drown a tiny bit in the mix once it all gets going, but that shit is always tough to nail... but apart from that it all sounds really well produced. Like really. Keep it up, man!

• 2 weeks later...

Commentary and criticisms are appreciated!

Hi, everybody. I'm hoping for some mixing advice on this one. Anything feel overwhelming? Out of place? Too repetitive? Forever thanks for your sagely wisdoms.

PRIMAL FACTOR

TT

The kick seems to drown a tiny bit in the mix once it all gets going, but that shit is always tough to nail... but apart from that it all sounds really well produced. Like really. Keep it up, man!

Thanks, Squee! It means a lot. And your advice is right on time -- I just started remixing this one!

• 3 weeks later...

These tunes are great! Really great movement in all you drum programming and you melodies are all  quite captivating and move and grow naturally. Really like PORT1 and mainframe fantasy

Thanks for the props!

I haven't had much time to record lately, but here's a bit I came up with over the weekend. As always, your feedback is highly valued.

TT

• 4 weeks later...

Your work has one constant; the production is always really really tight and this track is no exception. Love it

Thank you for the kind words and support!

TT

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived