IGNORED

Gatekeeper - Optimus Maximus

fumi

Yeah, it's a few years old and maybe it's not right to resurrect old stuff but there never was a dedicated thread for this EP - which absolutely rocks.

I'd also like to mention the wonderful wattm member 'six' whose 'Skinemax' features some Gatekeeper and was my introduction to the artist, thanks :)

Great stuff, I'll try and forget that they ripped off Larry Fast - Synergy with their 'Maximus Optimus' track.

They've been kind of quiet lately which is ironic because their music should be more hyped than ever - they were putting out a lot of that synthwave / dark retro synth soundtrack stuff that's so in vogue now years ago. Giza is underrated, one of those albums a lot of niche fans appreciate but never quite got the attention it deserved. 

Yeah, it's a few years old and maybe it's not right to resurrect old stuff but there never was a dedicated thread for this EP - which absolutely rocks.

I'd also like to mention the wonderful wattm member 'six' whose 'Skinemax' features some Gatekeeper and was my introduction to the artist, thanks :)

Great stuff, I'll try and forget that they ripped off Larry Fast - Synergy with their 'Maximus Optimus' track.

Hey thanks! Gatekeeper were one of those artists around 2010 where I noticed a bunch of great 80s throwback stuff that wasn't cheesy but instead super dark and interesting. Giza and the corresponding videos were a big part of decision to give video editing a shot, which later led to Smash TV and Skinemax. So I owe them a lot!

I would love to hear more from them as well, everything after Giza seemed to pale in comparison but they were definitely ahead of the trend. 

Archived