IGNORED

Detroit 8/25

Obed

So I'm going to be in Detroit that weekend. I'm considering going to an Actress show in El Club in southwest on 8/25. Anyone have any other suggestions for that night or sat/sun.

eat at Mi Pueblo. Good and cheap!

Corktown ain't to far from el club. More than enough galleries/bars in that area to knock out an evening. Can always do some urban spelunking at the Michigan Train depot.

Don't get to ventureful in SW detroit at night. Stay in your lane if you feel me. Car break-ins are commonplace right now. Day/night...don't matter.

If traveling to midtown, You got Jolly Pumpkin & Hopcat for beer overload. Enjoy the Qline, bahaha.

Greektown is a waste of time & too congested.

If out and about during the day, you got Belle Isle and Eastern Market for some good people watching and graffiti.

So I'm going to be in Detroit that weekend. I'm considering going to an Actress show in El Club in southwest on 8/25. Anyone have any other suggestions for that night or sat/sun.

Thank you!!! Def going to check this out

i will be at actress also, just home from 3 weeks in ireland with a jaunt in helsinki <3

Corktown ain't to far from el club. More than enough galleries/bars in that area to knock out an evening. Can always do some urban spelunking at the Michigan Train depot.

Don't get to ventureful in SW detroit at night. Stay in your lane if you feel me. Car break-ins are commonplace right now. Day/night...don't matter.

If traveling to midtown, You got Jolly Pumpkin & Hopcat for beer overload. Enjoy the Qline, bahaha.

If out and about during the day, you got Belle Isle and Eastern Market for some good people watching and graffiti.

elusive lives in midtown/jp/hopcat area - contact him he says and he will show you around!

i will be at actress also, just home from 3 weeks in ireland with a jaunt in helsinki <3

elusive lives in midtown/jp/hopcat area - contact him he says and he will show you around!

Wow that would be awesome. I'll search for him. I'm also easily reachable on ig @obedlaptop

• 2 weeks later...

@olo

Thanks again

I was checking out pics of the abandoned zoo, looks gnarly.

Will I be able to get in there without concern of getting arrested? Is there a certain part of belle isle I can go to enjoy some graffiti without trespassing?

@olo

Thanks again

I was checking out pics of the abandoned zoo, looks gnarly.

Will I be able to get in there without concern of getting arrested? Is there a certain part of belle isle I can go to enjoy some graffiti without trespassing?

I think Belle Isle zoo is pretty tightly monitored these days. There's tons of graffiti to be found in other areas of Detroit, tho. You can also see what's left of the Heidelberg Project, which phudoshin and I checked out as recently as mid-July. https://www.heidelberg.org/ 

If you want to take a trip out to Tech Equip Supply in Ypsil let me know and we can carpool.

As Kattin said, may be tricky to get into the zoo as the state now runs Belle Isle. Back a few years ago, the island would have given you free run. I wouldn't say that area had amazing graf by any means, but it gave urban decay boners. I mentioned Belle Isle more or less for a few places to check out (aquarium/arboretum/ship museum) and people watching.

There's some nice graf up and around Eastern Market and spots up Michigan Avenue. Some decent stuff around the outskirts of Hamtramck. Forgot the street names, some times I just stumble upon them when trying to bypass traffic on the 94. Good work all over the city really.

a quick link:

http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/arts/mark-stryker/2015/08/21/detroit-street-art-must-see-pieces/32145547/

https://www.facebook.com/DetGraff/

Archived