Sign in to follow this  
pera

Roland V MIDI accordion

Hi there,

I was wondering if any of you have ever tried to use a MIDI accordion as a controller for avant-garde music? I believe unconventional controllers are great for inspiration; imagine using this on acid:

:braindance:

I was hoping this was a "for sale" thread because my downstairs neighbor is a semi-pro accordionist (as in he's been touring the US and Europe every few years since the early 90s and has released a lot of albums on a few different labels, but doesn't come close to making a living on it) and modular synthesist, and I was going to apply maximum peer pressure on him to buy it.

:biggrin:  please let me know if he ever tries to experiment with this, I think it would be pretty cool with some modular synth

Hes fully down the eurorack rabbit hole right now so it's mostly a matter of budget.  He'd probably retrofit his existing accordion if anything, but that's expensive.  So far I haven't even seen him hook up the internal mics he has in it to the modular but it's just a matter of time.

I'll definitely post anything he uploads.

Remind me never to be RSP's neighbor. Sure he gets all stuff for cheap or free, but I get the feeling that it's me who will end up buying the stuff for $$$ while it's new.  :sad:

I feel like Ceephax should have a signature model of one of these

Ceephax seems like more of a MIDI bagpipe person to me.