Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

House of Leaves [pilot script]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 6 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

Something for you HOL heads out there - House of Leaves pilot script by Mark Danielewski

#2 auxien

auxien

John Fucking Lennon

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts
  • 75 topics
  • Joined 09-April 08

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:56 AM

Should've known better but I wasn't in the right headspace to try to absorb that. Will try again later after coffee.

#3 colunga

colunga

(ಥ_ಥ)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • 2 topics
  • Joined 07-September 08

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:01 AM

Had my witty dismissal locked and loaded but then saw it was Mark D himself behind this :catbed:

#4 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 6 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

lol I know right - those words "pilot script" and "House of Leaves" = instatrigger dismissal unless it was actually Danielewski. Nice Spectral Musicians screengrab btw (think that's right, yeah?) . . .

#5 ghOsty

ghOsty

...boo

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts
  • 113 topics
  • Joined 02-July 10
  • PSN:RitzBitz428

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

Read through it... It's faithful and seems to capture the original spirit of the book well (of course Mark Z wrote it), it's self-awareness will be interesting as a show and the unique shots/edits will be cool to see. I'd trust it in the hands of a director/cinematographer like Fincher (who first came to mind), Micheal Slovis (Breaking Bad), or Adam Arkapaw (True Detective season 1)