IGNORED

if EA-1s are so shit

Guest Coalbucket PI

Guest Ant Acid

and if you didn't notice, I didn't start the thread about http://aphexacid.co.uk I merely piped up to say that I wasn't the aphex twin, which I've never claimed to be. aphexacid.co.uk is one of 50 domains i got that point to acieeed.co.uk - my real website. It's been worth getting those domains because my traffick is now gigantick and i've received plenty of interesting offers off the back of it, so stuff that up your pipehole

sorry this had to happen in your thread original poster, but these boys keep attacking me, I wonder why?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahah, well i'm certainly not 'talking out of my arse', and i'm surprised how little knowledge of electronics you have for a studio engineer, seeing how you don't understand my above post. i could take the time to clarify it for you, because i think that this is an interesting discussion, but since you said 'end of', YOU obviously dont think this is an interesting discussion (which is also pretty strange for someone whose profession is a studio engineer), i wont. you must be a strange studio engineer when you prefer feeding internet soapoperas and dramas on message boards and on myspace over a discussion about the technical workings of mixers.

but have fun believing that analogue mixers sound 'slightly more lively' because of their inaccurate panning pots :)

edit: oh and if it isn't clear yet, that post about mixer couloring wasn't an attack, just a discussion about mixers (albeit kinda misplaced in this thread) - don't feel offended! now have fun with your 'aphexacid' website (nice name) and relax, go back to your interesting offers and try to keep quiet the next time you feel the need for attention - you'll only spread false information!

Guest Ant Acid

i don't find it an interesting discussion because i'm not emotionally st*nted like you, everthing you've said means absolutely nothing. creativity comes from the brain and if you are creative, you can use any piece of equipment to make music, sound quality is sooo low down on the list of prerequisites

i don't find it an interesting discussion because i'm not emotionally st*nted like you, everthing you've said means absolutely nothing. creativity comes from the brain and if you are creative, you can use any piece of equipment to make music, sound quality is sooo low down on the list of prerequisites

eh? so are you saying that i am not creative? or that i'm 'emotionally stunted'?

i make music almost 24/7 and i just have a strong interest in the instruments i use and the technology i use to create this music, what the fuck is wrong with that? don't judge me - you don't know me!

soundquality is not 'sooo low down on the list of prerequisites' for me, but ofcourse the musical content comes first, but i don't know why i'm explaining this instead of having an argumentated discussion about analogue mixers with a self-proclaimed 'studio engineer', you know what, i'd rather go and continue making music (which i was doing before i came upon this thread), you can go fuck yourself with your wannabe 'aphexacid.co.uk' and your pathetic myspace drama, have a nice day!

find the nearest craigslist and scout the musical instrmnt section. there are often some surprising deals posted by desperate musicians who have no time for ebayery.

true that... i got an EM-1 on craigs list for $50 along with a mackie 1202VLZ pro mixer for $100 and my m-audio Audiophile external sound card for $80... all in perfect shape.

The ea 1 is fun, buy it. get a Microkorg if you can. Buy an Es-x 1 if you can. I like using the shit no one else will... The people who piss on shit gear are the people who spent a mint on a 303 or the gear of the moment and still make ass music. I make ass music however, but not because of my kit.

Guest Mr. Modular

I don't like discussing gear on watmm for obvious reasons, I think you might understand why iep :P

Guest αnalogue ψings
I don't like discussing gear on watmm for obvious reasons, I think you might understand why iep :P

cos all your gear is stolen from WATMM members you've slept with??? :cat:

Guest taxman

because everyone is an "expert" who doesn't mind droping a million statistics to proove it but always ends up just being an asshole?

ha ha dont say that :fear:

Guest Coalbucket PI
Haha, the taxman is getting there :P

I have noticed this but to be fair this thread told me a lot of what I wanted to know, Ive been on some more equipment-focussed forums before and its always the same; most of the effort put into proving you know your stuff under the pretext of helping someone out. im not having a go at anyone, all been very useful to me

EM-1s seem quite expensive compared to EA1s, could almost get the sampler electribe and the EA1 for the price of an EM.... i dont really need a drum machine so I'm probably going for an EA1 still... just cant beat the price. possibly trade in for microkorg or ms2000 in the future if it goes that way

Haha, the taxman is getting there :P

I have noticed this but to be fair this thread told me a lot of what I wanted to know, Ive been on some more equipment-focussed forums before and its always the same; most of the effort put into proving you know your stuff under the pretext of helping someone out. im not having a go at anyone, all been very useful to me

EM-1s seem quite expensive compared to EA1s, could almost get the sampler electribe and the EA1 for the price of an EM.... i dont really need a drum machine so I'm probably going for an EA1 still... just cant beat the price. possibly trade in for microkorg or ms2000 in the future if it goes that way

man if all those 'experts', and the nerds like who speak with words like 'warmth' about old analogue stuff, were really just there to help, the world would be a better place, but they arent and the world is still a shitty place, but sometimes the level of bullshit that's being spewed hits CRITICAL level, and that's when those people decide that some bullshit spewing must stop, to keep the level of bullshit spewing at reasonable, every-day and usual levels - in that way the forums just live on without any heavy explosions of bullshit spewing, and people like them don't have to visit the forums that much

i was using words like "warmth"

and indeed trying to help, as i have with many tech questions in the past.

no i'm not especially clued up on the inner workings of a lot of gear.

yes i am a good producer/engineer who makes a living out of it.

though you'll notice that i did say i hated the term, when i used it.

hahah yeah me too, cliched stuff, most people (including myself) start using such overused terms because they slowly start to associate the term and the thing it describes after hearing them being in that combination so often, even if the 'metaphor' doesn't make any sense at all :))

Guest Coalbucket PI

incidentally, does anyone know whats really changed between the mk1 and mk2 versions of the EA1? apart from giving it a dentists-waiting-room green paint job for some reason

I think the new ones use proper valves (like, actual analogue valves that glow) to give it a fatter sound. A bit of upgrading and tweaking, better build quality but basically the same.

EDIT: Maybe not, I've just looked at a picture of one....I was sure I heard that somewhere thoguh...must have been in a dream....

EDIT EDIT: Aha - the EMX 1's got 'em...

Guest Coalbucket PI

Ah yes i saw those too... doesnt look like theres actually much difference between mk1 and mk2, at least none of the reviews ive read mention anything besides 'updated'

Archived