IGNORED

Milo's tracks

Limo

For the first time in ages managed to finish something and not throw it away:

All in the box. Mostly Operator + grain delay. The pad is a Synthmaster preset with some tweaks.

Curious to hear your opinion on this.

structurally no problem. has this mysterious sort of feeling that reminds me of dub techno, and it's constantly evolving in subtle ways. the bass has a good sound, i'd like to hear more of it earlier in the song.

the mix might perhaps need an exciter in there. the kick drum could also be higher in the mix, it has a neat crunchy reverb trail that's now covered up by other action.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, listening to it again it *is* a bit dull. Was afraid the reverb tail would conflict with everything else so I went a bit overboard with taking out the high frequencies, I guess.

Will look into fixing and exciting things.

Thanks!

Box Space 02 has a vibe, but I feel like it needs to go somewhere else at 2.52. Perhaps add percussion and hihat/cymbals so that it builds a bit more.

• 1 month later...

Put some bits of guitar playing done by a friend called Lars into a granular synth. Bass and drums from elsewhere.

Really need a course in how to control the low end. Sigh.

Anyway, here goes:

• 3 months later...

Came to the shocking realisation that in nearly [a long time, redacted] of messing around with electronic music making, I never once touched the amen break.

So now I did. Unmastered, probably needs mixing, most likely a lot of other things as well, but I had a lot of fun making it. Thoughts?

• 5 months later...

Archived