IGNORED

They are transmitting a "one time" ? numbers message on gyroscope

Guest YMBD

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
the station they sampled for it is on the conet project boxset.

incorrect!

No, I'm sure they are transmitting an original message on that track. if it's 'one time'

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad ) then it would be unbreakable and pointless to discuss. But if not 'one-time', which I don't think boc would have done, then it is breakable . . . by someone like Archrival.

Just curious and all.

the station they sampled for it is on the conet project boxset.

incorrect!

something very like it is, in that case.

I could've sworn they used this sample...just mangled the pitch and speed of it.

Counting Control irdial

holy crap! watmm in 'useful for something' shocker!

first of all there's so much in conet that i could never remember which track it was

and secondly irdial stopped hosting the conet stuff about a year ago. never even considered archive.org

i'm sorta doubly in your debt

In cryptography, the one-time pad (OTP) is an encryption algorithm where the plaintext is combined with a random key or "pad" that is as long as the plaintext and used only once. It was invented in 1917. If the key is truly random, never reused, and, of course, kept secret, the one-time pad can be proven to be unbreakable.

According to the page, "one-time" means entirely random sequences. In Gyroscope, the voices counts from 1-9, then repeats zero 3 or 4 times, thus creating a pattern, meaning it's not random, or 'one-time'.

At least thats my understanding...could be wrong though :cool:

Edit: ...guess you already knew that...but it's just a song, so I doubt there's any actual code or secret message to uncover. :ermm:

I think the message decodes into something like "I pity tha' foo's that go dem places on 10/6/6"

EDIT: woah, 1066. The red moon meeting was actually in hastings. dagnammit, why does my brain only work now...

EDIT 2: Further Proof: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1107959.stm

Mr Carlyon, of Hastings, East Sussex, said: "But the reality is something bad could happen because of all the negative energy created by people fearful of what it can do."

Negative Energy -> Less/Not Enough energy -> "If we don't start working on energy conservation, there may not be enough energy to go around by the time I'm a parent" (from Geogaddi - Energy Warning)

Hah, code cracked. It was just a public information website telling us to conserve energy.

Guest conner
In cryptography, the one-time pad (OTP) is an encryption algorithm where the plaintext is combined with a random key or "pad" that is as long as the plaintext and used only once. It was invented in 1917. If the key is truly random, never reused, and, of course, kept secret, the one-time pad can be proven to be unbreakable.

According to the page, "one-time" means entirely random sequences. In Gyroscope, the voices counts from 1-9, then repeats zero 3 or 4 times, thus creating a pattern, meaning it's not random, or 'one-time'.

At least thats my understanding...could be wrong though :cool:

Edit: ...guess you already knew that...but it's just a song, so I doubt there's any actual code or secret message to uncover. :ermm:

suppose you have the ability to only send a 0 or a 1

is the following sequence random or a pattern:

there is no way to tell. as far as we know, it's a random sequence even though there is some slight pattern.

I think the message decodes into something like "I pity tha' foo's that go dem places on 10/6/6"

EDIT: woah, 1066. The red moon meeting was actually in hastings. dagnammit, why does my brain only work now...

Mr Carlyon, of Hastings, East Sussex, said: "But the reality is something bad could happen because of all the negative energy created by people fearful of what it can do."

Negative Energy -> Less/Not Enough energy -> "If we don't start working on energy conservation, there may not be enough energy to go around by the time I'm a parent" (from Geogaddi - Energy Warning)

Hah, code cracked. It was just a public information website telling us to conserve energy.

i don't know . . .

either this: oh jesus forgive us ms.bpete for our curiously which has obviously run amuck

or this: thanks for the drunk post

@conner

so it can't be decoded . . . can't say i'm suprised after 10/06/06, but thanks anyway

@mullet

thanks, at least we have more fodder for fredd-e's site . . . . . . finally

that's a lol right there Pete

thats a lol indeed

i thought that energy warning said 'if we dont start working on energy conservation now, there wont be enough energy to go around by the time im a pimp' for about 3 weeks

Archived