IGNORED

K1v VST!!! :O

TheBro

Downloaded this when it was advertised (if that's the right expression). I'm a huge fan of the Kawai K1/K1r/K1m sound which to my ears is very unique. Anyhow I definitely recommend using I just started having a play with it last night and came up with this below!!!

https://www.nilsschneider.de/wp/nils-k1v/

20 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Aye, a cracking free VSTi. A couple of days ago he also managed to rip the factory sounds from the Kawai Phm Pop Synth Module EEPROM too for use in K1v:

https://www.nilsschneider.de/wp/2020/07/21/kawai-k1-vsti-i-dumped-all-200-phm-presets/

Awesome!!! Oh does that mean that you need to download it again and I install over the top of the old version?

Nah - it's a separate sysex (.syx) file that you can use via the import button, on either the 'single' or 'bank' section within the plugin

The zip has them as separate instrument files or as the whole collection in one sysex bank - I just kept the latter for ease of storage ....

The K1 is one of my all time favorite synths, if the prices hadn't gone up from absurdly cheap to the high side of fair a couple years ago I'd buy a K1R jsut to save desk space.

For some reason the K1m plays REALLY badly with the Midibox SEQ, though, and I can't figure it out.  Everything else I've hooked up to the SEQ works perfectly and everything else I've controlled the K1m with has worked perfectly so it's a mystery. 

Even owning a real K1m, since this can send hardware-compatible Sysex it would be great for making presets. I actually really like editing on the hardware and find it pretty fast and intuitive, but it takes up quite a bit of desk space for something you're not really going to be adjusting live (the joystick is fun but pretty basic), so editing patches on this would mean the hardware could just live up on a shelf someplace out of the way.

I got the K1. Oozes a real kinda of mystery. Reload/Global Communications used it a lot. I bought my K1 for £75 but only got the internal sounds so no ROM Cards. 

Yeah, mine was around $60 plus shipping about 4 years ago, too.  They're pushing $200 now which is still fair I guess by current prices but definitely makes it harder to recommend, so this plugin is great.

I still have fond memories of mine, thanks for the vst-tip, I'll definitely fool around with it and go all misty eyed.

Archived