IGNORED

Amy Winehouse dead.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest arbee

sad news about amy, RIP.

good news fred !! good looking girl, man. and yeah the whole post-pregnant is hard, but stil it's totally worth it. you'll love all of it. my son is 2 years now and he's like the coolest human on earth.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd choose BOC.

I honestly never heard of her till now. I thought Amy Winehouse was an Old British lady with political power.

that's mary anne hobbes

Guest abusivegeorge

Should've gone to rehab,

That was my first thought too, lol.

Very sad though.

She did, I was in rehab with her. We both had the fortune of attending the best rehab in the country, she was a really lovely person and very down to earth. I never did think she'd get it though.

Should've gone to rehab,

That was my first thought too, lol.

Very sad though.

She did, I was in rehab with her. We both had the fortune of attending the best rehab in the country, she was a really lovely person and very down to earth. I never did think she'd get it though.

What made you think she wouldn't get it? It's obvious in hindsight. But back then is a different story.

Guest abusivegeorge

Just a feeling I had, she didn't seem that interesting in stopping. It was a need rather than a want, and you've really got to want it.

you were really in there with Amy, George?

Maybe its cause she had money. It would have to be thousand times worse being a junkie and poor. You'd have to do awful things and find yourself in bad places to fund your habit

Guest abusivegeorge

Yeah dude. Haven't mentioned it before for anonymity sakes, it was plastered all over the news at the time though, and I guess now it doesn't really matter.

Guest abusivegeorge

Yeah dude. Haven't mentioned it before for anonymity sakes, it was plastered all over the news at the time though, and I guess now it doesn't really matter.

It's more to do with how destroyed you are on the inside to be honest mate. She was in areally dark place, but the truth is 98% of addicts and alcoholics continue to use and die, despite any of that.

Just a feeling I had, she didn't seem that interesting in stopping. It was a need rather than a want, and you've really got to want it.

Didn't the staff had this feeling too? I'm sure they could have seen through the facade after having seen the amount of addicts they have seen. It sounds like they couldn't connect with her true self. Her true needs.

It's probably not something you'd like to do, which is entirely understandable, but I'm really interested to hear more.

Guest abusivegeorge

To be honest, I don't feel comfortable getting into her personal life on the forum. There is nothing any counsellour or fellow addict can do for any suffering addict or alcoholic if they are incapable of being honest with themselves and they just don't want it. Unless they really want to live free from alcohol and drugs. It's a mental illness that literally tells you, you haven't got it. You can't connect to someones true self, if they can't connect to it themselves.

To be honest, I don't feel comfortable getting into her personal life on the forum. There is nothing any counsellour or fellow addict can do for any suffering addict or alcoholic if they are incapable of being honest with themselves and they just don't want it. Unless they really want to live free from alcohol and drugs. It's a mental illness that literally tells you, you haven't got it. You can't connect to someones true self, if they can't connect to it themselves.

I understand.

I've got no real experience with addiction (although I do believe I could get addicted), but in a way I still believe that if she was properly confronted with herself, she'd be able to snap out of it and connect with herself again. The staff should be able to connect with the true Amy by getting past the disconnected Amy, and re-establish some form of connection between the two again. That would be their job, I guess?

Guest abusivegeorge

Ah yes, and believe me, that was achieved, and seeing the real Amy, she's just like me and you. But you've got to want to carry on being that person. You see, when I connected with me I felt fantastic to realise that I'm not who I thought it was. But it still doesn't fill that black hole in my stomach, that feeling of constant unease and fear. It has ot be replaced, and she didn't want the replacement.

Guest hahathhat

i've been thinking about this more than i thought i would today. the sad thing about this death is that everyone saw it coming. something could have probably been done to stop it. i was remembering a few years ago when my wife dressed up as amy winehouse for halloween, all the offers for free drugs and cigarettes and drinks that she received was crazy. amy winehouse was an unfortunate poster child for excessive consumption and we all embraced it. makes me think of how chris farley probably always felt the pressure to be the life of the party in his own way.

it's beaten into people's heads. WHAM WHAM WHAM morals values. WHAM WHAM WHAM patriotic america. WHAM WHAM WHAM american dream. if you work hard, sacrifice, persevere (all that movie shit), then someday you will be "successful." this means rich and famous. it would seem what happens then is all the drive and focus that got you there converts to cocaine/opiate/xanax abuse, since you've "succeeded" and it's no longer relevant. pre-fame is the caterpillar phase, fame is the cocoon, and drug bombout is the butterfly. sent to draiiyayain.

we are monkeys in expensive suits. our innate desires tell us to rape/pillage/get wasted, but we refrain from such behavior because of the sword of guilt hanging over our heads, along with the promise of future rewards as depicted in the movies. but the desires remain, like homer simpson bottling his rage in a little jar and releasing it at an appropriate time. like when daddy hit the referee with a whiskey bottle. remember that, lisa?

celebrities are the living incarnation of bacchus (or something). doing what people with no rules or boundaries do. charlie sheen, acting like any asshole would with lots of money and coke. lindsay lohan, acting like any asshole would with lots of money and coke. but they're SUCCESSFUL, history will remember them (more or less) and that's more can be said for most people, who read about this shit over and over, fantasizing, repressing it because they are trying to be patriotic and work hard, sacrifice, persevere

in conclusion, amy winehouse dead. i might finally get around to listening to her trax.

Ah yes, and believe me, that was achieved, and seeing the real Amy, she's just like me and you. But you've got to want to carry on being that person. You see, when I connected with me I felt fantastic to realise that I'm not who I thought it was. But it still doesn't fill that black hole in my stomach, that feeling of constant unease and fear. It has ot be replaced, and she didn't want the replacement.

And so her faith was set in stone.

Thanks for speaking up, btw. You're a top bloke for doing so.

i've been thinking about this more than i thought i would today. the sad thing about this death is that everyone saw it coming. something could have probably been done to stop it. i was remembering a few years ago when my wife dressed up as amy winehouse for halloween, all the offers for free drugs and cigarettes and drinks that she received was crazy. amy winehouse was an unfortunate poster child for excessive consumption and we all embraced it. makes me think of how chris farley probably always felt the pressure to be the life of the party in his own way.

it's beaten into people's heads. WHAM WHAM WHAM morals values. WHAM WHAM WHAM patriotic america. WHAM WHAM WHAM american dream. if you work hard, sacrifice, persevere (all that movie shit), then someday you will be "successful." this means rich and famous. it would seem what happens then is all the drive and focus that got you there converts to cocaine/opiate/xanax abuse, since you've "succeeded" and it's no longer relevant. pre-fame is the caterpillar phase, fame is the cocoon, and drug bombout is the butterfly. sent to draiiyayain.

we are monkeys in expensive suits. our innate desires tell us to rape/pillage/get wasted, but we refrain from such behavior because of the sword of guilt hanging over our heads, along with the promise of future rewards as depicted in the movies. but the desires remain, like homer simpson bottling his rage in a little jar and releasing it at an appropriate time. like when daddy hit the referee with a whiskey bottle. remember that, lisa?

celebrities are the living incarnation of bacchus (or something). doing what people with no rules or boundaries do. charlie sheen, acting like any asshole would with lots of money and coke. lindsay lohan, acting like any asshole would with lots of money and coke. but they're SUCCESSFUL, history will remember them (more or less) and that's more can be said for most people, who read about this shit over and over, fantasizing, repressing it because they are trying to be patriotic and work hard, sacrifice, persevere

in conclusion, amy winehouse dead. i might finally get around to listening to her trax.

she was a drug addict.

Guest hahathhat

she was one of those people that other people would be all "blah blah amy winehouse" and i'd politely tip my head like a curious dog and pretend i wasn't bored just so i could have friends

Guest abusivegeorge

Cheerz man. I think it's important to recognise that people who have habits like this aren't bad, let's be honest drug addicts and alcoholics are judged heavily. If there was more awareness about the nature of the illness in the world then it's possible more people would get the help they need.

Guest hahathhat

the age thing makes me wonder if it wasn't an addict "oh, i'm fucked, might as well pull off the 27 thing before i miss the boat."

Cheerz man. I think it's important to recognise that people who have habits like this aren't bad, let's be honest drug addicts and alcoholics are judged heavily. If there was more awareness about the nature of the illness in the world then it's possible more people would get the help they need.

Good point. But I think it is a point which got two sides. The other side being that people need to have more trust (and respect perhaps) in the awareness of people around them. People generally are aware of far more things than they show, or like to admit, I think. It goes both ways.

Guest abusivegeorge

Good point. But I think it is a point which got two sides. The other side being that people need to have more trust (and respect perhaps) in the awareness of people around them. People generally are aware of far more things than they show, or like to admit, I think. It goes both ways.

Yes definetly, a lot of people like to live in ignorance of what they know also. Pretending it isn't happening and such the like.

Out of the 38 people in my rehab group, only 2 of us remain in recovery. 13 are dead.

Edit: 14 people are dead, I forgot to include Amy lol.

Archived