IGNORED

Bazille

kcinsu

did someone tried it ?

it would be much cooler if the interface looked more realistic like the Dirty modular one

http://store.samplephonics.com/products/dirty-modular

I think that will be the 'planned' Berlin Modular that Uhe is developing - that will have multiple modules to load in as you want. However he states that CPU's 'aren't there yet' in terms of performance :-0

From what I've read this is a synth for the more experimental synthesist, with the same audio quality as DIVA. Uhe himeself suggests that Bazille isn't going to replace DIVA even though you can in theory emulate its sounds - the patch would be much less efficient than DIVA playing similar patches. The presets also reflect that, as they are mostly drones, sequences, wierd noises/sound effects etc - basically the sorts of sounds you here on 99% of the hardware modular demos on youtube :)

Yeah I was thinking of scoring this for the introductory price of 80 something bucks but after watching several demos I don't think it's for me. I'm a atmosphere and pad guy, as such, I think my money would be better spent elsewhere. Funny thing is, I probably don't even need another plugin.

Pro Q 2 keeps calling my name though...

But I already have eq8...

Fuck me.

You could be right but I love stuff like my microbrute & mopho for its strong pure sound that then can come alive with effects in the DAW. I see this as potentially another source for that.

I've also been thinking on and off about a modular for a good while now and could see this either 'curing' me or the start of a very slippery slope!!! :)

The intro price is decent too.

If only I actually needed another synth it would be easier

I bought it within the first minutes it went beta a few months ago : fantastic synth, as all U-He's :) I'd love to see Bazille filter section in Diva, it sounds incredible. You can do a lot more than drones and boring modular bleeps and farts with Bazille, give it a try and see for yourself.

RFJ : this might end your GAS for EQs http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq-ge/

Hands down the best EQ I've used, on par with EQuilibrium soundwise, with a way better workflow IMO, ands additional super nice sounding sat stages.

RFJ : this might end your GAS for EQs http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq-ge/

Hands down the best EQ I've used, on par with EQuilibrium soundwise, with a way better workflow IMO, ands additional super nice sounding sat stages.

Hey thanks for that tip there on that eq. Not to derail the thread here but I do just want to acknowledge your reply.

I have decided I really don't need another EQ. EQ8 suits my needs for the time being just fine. Think I'll go with Sarurn. If there's one area where live suffers I'd say it's more in the distortion / saturation dept. vs eq or compression.

Even though I'm 35 years old I am taking a few classes and FabFilter approved me an EDU account for a year. 87 bucks for Saturn seems a steal and if I decide later on I'm in need of an EQ I'll still have solid prices for the next 365.

You're welcome. I can't help mentioning there's also a free SlickEQ version as well that sound as good as the paid version, with less option though. To me, EQ8 (even though it does sound good since Live 9 update) or Pro Q 2 are kind of workflow nightmare : too many features (and I prefer to avoid graphical EQs). Same goes for Saturn, I pre

Anyway, back to Bazille : it's also a really nice acid machine, chaotic bassline with tons of attitude and modulations.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived