IGNORED

Tanizaki

Leon Sumbitches

Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd upload a link to some music I made recently after going on a Ghost Box binge and getting very much into Belbury Poly, The Advisory Circle and the like. I was trying to capture a little of that '70s BBC, Radiophonic Workshop, M.R. Jamesin' vibe, and this was the result.

Recording quality is rough as the dickens, as per usual, but I hope some people dig the vibes.

https://tanizaki.bandcamp.com/releases

https://soundcloud.com/tanizaki_uk

Peace!

Great! I don't know The Advisory Circle that much but I definitely get the Belbury Poly vibe. Recording quality is ok imo, didn't bothered me at all. I'll listen more tracks later because I should go to bed now. I'm quite curious about the way you make that kind of music. Where do you find the material for it? For example the third track of this Bandcamp EP? I love this kind of folk ballads, would be great if I find releases full with that kind of stuff!

Haha thanks man, I'm really glad you dig it!

Track 3's probably my favourite as well, it was actually sitting around on my hard drive for at least 6 months before I got started on the rest of the stuff. Basically for that track I started off with the little guitar riff, plus the birdsong ambience which I'm pretty sure I sampled from an old BBC drama called Akenfield. The piano, cello and flute are VSTs. I can't actually remember if I did anything else to it, the original Reaper file has long since vanished from my hard drive, lol. There's probably some iZotope Vinyl on the VSTs. I bounced the whole EP down to cassette, just because I think it's a fun process and fitted the vibe I was going for, kind of glued the whole thing together...

Apart from things like piano and flute, there's no soft synths or whatever on the EP, because otherwise I'd just sit around twiddling virtual knobs for 4 hours and never get any tracks done. All the drums are sampled from vinyl or cassette.

Once again, glad you're into it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still awesome! Really enjoying The Map :)

I just realised I had written "I'm not a follower on Soundcloud" in my previous. But of course, what I mean was "I'm NOW a follower on Soundcloud". Stupid autocorrect.

Guest kymppinetti

i dig your style, dude. i really do. those samples makes the music really relaxing. and that hiss on the backround is somewhat hypnotising.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived