IGNORED

Lightning Bolt - Fantasy Empire

ghOsty

Didnt see a thread for this one yet and I know there's at least a few other Lightning Bolt fans on this site. They put out their latest album Fantasy Empire in March and TBH it completely slipped under my radar until just last week...

It's a damn good album though. Probably their most rock oriented, and I might say heaviest record, it seems lower tuned than before. A lot of the songs are pretty groove driven almost doomy while still lacking none of their trademark noise and chaotic elements and spastic freakouts. Chippendale's vocals actually seem a bit more coherent here than previous records which is a positive thing if you ask me. The drumming is on fucking point as usual, though it seems he's using a larger fuller kit now? It's a heavier direction for them and it's fucking awesome.

I greet everything from 'ing Bolt, though this particular record seems too clean and almost conventional. I guess that's coz it's on rather big Thrill Jockey instead of a self-released flow of recent years.

Cool, will have a listen. Reading "Lightning Bolt" + "heavier direction" is enough for me. Got into them only about a year ago through chatmm © and I am really bummed out I didn't discover them earlier. Mindblowing.

Reading "Lightning Bolt" + "heavier direction" is enough for me.

2 tracks you posted are absolute stompers! Going to dl the album right away.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived