IGNORED

The Krakow Outro

Sam

Hadn't heard this recording before, this is lush. Quite Overstepsish?

Forgot to mention this in my Dekmantel gig review, the outro for that was ridiculously abrupt. They were in the middle in a full on spl9 + Gantz Graf style attack, then the ending sounded like they accidentally pressed the pause button and just left it at that.

Love it! That snare that comes in after a couple of minutes is amazing too.

Have a very distinct memory of this part when they played Dublin. There had been a pause just a few minutes previous, and I ran out for a cigarette thinking that the set was over, only to hear the beginning of this part from outside, didn't even think it was autechre, whatever way they played it that night it sounded like some strange rock tune that had came on over the PA, was amazing!

I remember vividly when this melancholic melody emerged, in Cracow: it was like waking up from a long nightmare. In Utrecht the melody reappears, but it turned into something new, as a point of transition for the final maelstrom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KndBVDbgnmU#t=2738

that cracow concert was truly like a nightmare (in a positive way)

I remember vividly when this melancholic melody emerged, in Cracow: it was like waking up from a long nightmare. In Utrecht the melody reappears, but it turned into something new, as a point of transition for the final maelstrom:

the best nightmare of my life!

Forgot to mention this in my Dekmantel gig review, the outro for that was ridiculously abrupt. They were in the middle in a full on spl9 + Gantz Graf style attack, then the ending sounded like they accidentally pressed the pause button and just left it at that.

mmmhh... yes, they can...

the best nightmare of my life!

it was so weird man, totally dark, people moving like zombies around, and the ae sounds coming from all over

Love it! That snare that comes in after a couple of minutes is amazing too.

Have a very distinct memory of this part when they played Dublin. There had been a pause just a few minutes previous, and I ran out for a cigarette thinking that the set was over, only to hear the beginning of this part from outside, didn't even think it was autechre, whatever way they played it that night it sounded like some strange rock tune that had came on over the PA, was amazing!

Any old TG followers out there may remember how they often, at the end of 60 minutes aural assault, used to put on a relaxation tape or some 60's Lounge Music. Or...if someone threw a missile at them they'd just stop and turn everything off......happy days:)

• 2 months later...

So nice to hear this in its full glory. It's a beaut. Almost as if the set just decided that enough was enough, and it was going to sit down and have a nice cup of tea :smile:

the best outro of all the recordings. just a stunning moment after all the preceding sonic mayhem.

...and i'll bet you anything it was a glitch. that melodic part never appears solo like that again in any of the other tour recordings, it always has some other percussion & noise over the top of it. i'll bet you sean's max patch crashed at that moment, leaving just rob's part playing. after a while sean was like 'fuck it - i can't get this going again' and they abruptly just end the show.

i just have a feeling the part wasn't originally supposed to be played like that but it came out incredible.

Archived