IGNORED

Reaktor (pricing, version, stability, NI, 2015)

Guest skibby

thanks psycho! big ask cus one of them was 250mb. i think that change sort of makes sense because it seemed somewhat inconsistent doing some things in core and other things on the normal level.

Download was 115mb... no prob.

And yes, it was what i wished for. I had to switch layers for different task always. That made my instrument much more complex.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice

Thx. :)

I just integrated the basic filter section. These new core filters sound simply amazing. I somehow got the feeling they based them partly on circuits or know how that was used in monark. Especially when you overdrive them they develop a quite unstable character that i only know from my MS-20 and other old gear.

Here is me going completly nuts by feeding them very hot (loud) input from the OSC:

http://psychotronic.electronicattack.de/filter_demo.mp3

The prototyp of the synth currently looks like this:

post-19256-0-34748200-1443310628_thumb.png

I see no issue in using it with 1366x768.

thanks, that's cool. Gonna wait to see if there is some kind of sale in November

You see this:

http://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/all/all/all/all/all/latest/1/3/

This is the list of everything that has been created with reaktor 6 parts. Take a look at the list of instruments and effects on the left side.

If you are an instrument builder, i advice you to get it now and start to build new instruments. I especially advice to leave out any sound producing parts on primary level and go completly nuts with sound creation on the core level. That's where reaktor 6 really shines.

If you are a user that does not want to create his own instruments, you should wait till this list fills up to a level that personally satisfies you.

yeah osc, i think that's pretty good res right? at least for a PC.

my ThinkPad X230, has kinda taken over as my main PC for the time being...need a new motherboard and heatsink for the workstation, so I'm having to settle for the 12" screen on this thing.

I'm going to buy it eventually $200 bit rich for me at the moment though. $50 off would be a no brainer. I've never owned or used Reaktor before but after watching videos it is pretty clear that I need it.

Can you skin the UI of the unit and stuff?

Reaktor UIs are skinable. The skin you see in the screenshots is a very simple one that i use just for the purpose of not seeing the reaktor default skin. I will deliver a skin as i did for the old Reaktor 5 version of this unit.

http://www.native-instruments.com/de/community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/8652/

The 5er version of this synth sounded to me quite post apocalyptic, that's why i went for this kind of theme. The sound of the current version is quite different, so the theme will be different for sure. But i'm not sure what skin it will be right now. I need to finish the unit first and then get my "theme inspiration" from building presets for it.

i guess i need to get reaktor 6 now, the user library has totally been taken over by the new format.

There are a few wigglers users that currently develop a eurorack module series. That's why a lot of new blocks are released currently. These new blocks are good for users and for other devs for sure. For me these small modules are a great reverse engineering resource. It's not complicated to find stuff in them, cause most of them are by nature of the eurorack format quite simplistic in design. It's simple to dig up for example some buchla style circuits, without having to navigate through a big pile of messy wiring and stuff.

Also, whole synths and bigger units will come for reaktor 6 for sure, but to build these and use all the new possibilities that reaktor 6 ships, devs will need time.

I assume in 2-3 months we will see a lot of new user lib synths and effects, most likely reaktor core based.

i briefly checked out the demo but i was too slow to understand it, i feel like the transition is so jarring (for me at least) ill need to get a full copy to spend a lot of time forcing myself to get used to it

spend a lot of time forcing myself to get used to it

I'm 3 weeks in and i still think that i have much to learn(beeing a free time dev and builder). Whatever they did under the hood feels to me like they gave the monark base tech into the the hands of us devs. Much love here.

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly anything you can find in reaktor does something cool. It really depends on your taste. One thing that i used constantly over the last 6 years is the skrewell sound generator. All the factory shipped synths are great too.

• 1 month later...

Archived