IGNORED

The Statistical thread

Guest Babar

First, i listed the number of releases and tracks released per year, from the first release(Bradley's Beat, 1991) to the last no-release(nothing, 2008) :stuart: .

On fact pops up : in RDJ discography there is an era before 2000 and an era after 2000. The first was full of releases and tracks whereas the second era shows less regularity and less releases.

If I remember well, RDJ said around 2000 he would stop releasing music. Well, yet untrue, this statement seems to be a turning point in RDJ's release policy.

So let's compare these two periods. But before i want to point out something : since the analord era, RDJ tends to split his releases up into several discs/vinyls, just in the purpose of making more money. For the sake of the following, i will count the analord series as one only release, same thing for the 2 tussian EPs.

In the second era, RDJ has released each year less tracks and less EPs/LPs/albums/whatever than in the first era. But the good thing for us is that he statistically releases more tracks per release (DrukQs, 26MFC, Analords), more than double the amount.

Now let's look into the post-2000 era.

If we work out the average number of days separating two releases during the post-2000 era, then the next aphex's release should have been available on Juny, 26th 2008.

So i would say, hurry up you cunt ! :angry:

But if we only take into account the albums, then here is what we got :

(1025 days separate drukqs from the caustic window's classics)

Conclusion :

Unless RDJ releases less and less materials, i bet his next release will be in the first half of 2009.

P.S. : here his my excel file for those who wants to do some statistics about aphex (list of all his releases sorted by date inside). (the date are in french format, aka dd/mm/yyyy)

i can't see the face that everybody is talking about...

:stuart:

Good work ! But in 1998 did you count Compilation as a release ? It's quite a re-release, no new tracks in it.

i did but it's a mistake. I excluded the chosen lords out of the list for that reason.

Some questions :

1. Is there a way to calculate/estimate the number of copies sold per release ? (a website providing charts, something else)

2. Most of the Tuss's tracks had been released during live performance (fredugolon, synthacon, rushup i bank).===> When ? Which gigs ?

2. Most of the Tuss's tracks had been released during live performance (fredugolon, synthacon, rushup i bank).===> When ? Which gigs ?

This is true with the analords as well, alot of them were played live back to early 2003

this is true with other older tracks from 1992 and on, putting together a list of when what tracks were first played is a good idea...

do you hold that rock while you say your prayers ilt17??

What ? [if you speak about the avatar, it is dead flesh not a rock]

C'est difficile à dire, c'est un peu comme les Polygon Window qui ont été fait pour la plupart de 1986 à 1989 ou encore Digeridoo en 1990 voir un peu avant. Difficile à faire ce travail statistique mais vraiment intéressant ;)

Guest hahathhat
do you hold that rock while you say your prayers ilt17??

What ? [if you speak about the avatar, it is dead flesh not a rock]

haven't you see The World Is Not Enough??

they probably made it up as i can't find it on google, but the scene is -- a cave inside a volcano or something, lava in places, steam everywhere. rocks that will burn your hand as you touch them. the villain says: "welcome to the devil's breath. pilgrims would travel to see the wonders of the holy fire that would never go out..." he picks up a rock, and his hand starts sizzling. "...and to hold the scalding rocks in their hands as they said their daily prayers, to test their devotion to god."

cool right? :laughing:

p.s. that's from memory, and has hence been photocopied through my reality tunnel. what i wrote might be better than what's actually in the movie, or worse, or different, orthogonal etc

Guest hahathhat

one of the guys was a geologist; i'm sure he knew his shit. or, in another scene in the same movie, james bond bribes a helicopter full of grunts with bright new air jordans. maybe that's how you have to roll in vocanos.

First, i listed the number of releases and tracks released per year, from the first release(Bradley's Beat, 1991) to the last no-release(nothing, 2008) :stuart: .

On fact pops up : in RDJ discography there is an era before 2000 and an era after 2000. The first was full of releases and tracks whereas the second era shows less regularity and less releases.

If I remember well, RDJ said around 2000 he would stop releasing music. Well, yet untrue, this statement seems to be a turning point in RDJ's release policy.

So let's compare these two periods. But before i want to point out something : since the analord era, RDJ tends to split his releases up into several discs/vinyls, just in the purpose of making more money. For the sake of the following, i will count the analord series as one only release, same thing for the 2 tussian EPs.

In the second era, RDJ has released each year less tracks and less EPs/LPs/albums/whatever than in the first era. But the good thing for us is that he statistically releases more tracks per release (DrukQs, 26MFC, Analords), more than double the amount.

Now let's look into the post-2000 era.

If we work out the average number of days separating two releases during the post-2000 era, then the next aphex's release should have been available on Juny, 26th 2008.

So i would say, hurry up you cunt ! :angry:

But if we only take into account the albums, then here is what we got :

(1025 days separate drukqs from the caustic window's classics)

Conclusion :

Unless RDJ releases less and less materials, i bet his next release will be in the first half of 2009.

P.S. : here his my excel file for those who wants to do some statistics about aphex (list of all his releases sorted by date inside). (the date are in french format, aka dd/mm/yyyy)

could you do it for the other subforums as well?

Guest hahathhat
I saw it a long time ago, I didn't remember that scene (but I remember that fuckhead with A BULLET IN HIS FUCKING HEAD : your turn, do you know what is it from ?)

i lose.

i didn't google because that would be cheating though

I saw it a long time ago, I didn't remember that scene (but I remember that fuckhead with A BULLET IN HIS FUCKING HEAD : your turn, do you know what is it from ?)

i lose.

i didn't google because that would be cheating though

Rage Against the Machine - Bullet in the Head. It was quite hard I reckon

Archived