IGNORED

Label discussion/recommendation

21 hours ago, acid1 said:

I have never tried to seek out a label and no label has ever tried to seek me out.

Most likely mutually beneficial to both parties ?

I'm surprised you got some nice tunes!

Edited by TheBro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Yeah, wow, that was fantastic. Thanks @ignatius

it's kind of interesting when considering that handful of times (or maybe just one time?) many years ago he complained about label stuff and not getting paid or something.. i don't remember details but there was a blog post or something he made about it.. trying to account for the $$$$ of sales and royalties and stuff.. also digressing into comparing himself and his music to other more popular or successful artists. i've watched a few of his videos about various things and they're generally well done, thoughtful, entertaining with appropriate level of snark and stuff. i only have a small amount of his music. a few random tracks from different albums. saw him live once long ago when he toured w/richard devine and someone else when that one label i can't remember now existed and released like 50 releases in physical format in a short period of time and then stopped releasing. 

anyway, he seems to have had a myriad of experiences making his living from music and has a healthy amount of humble ego checking and perspective at time when the music industry was transitioning to whatever it is now. 

Yeah, full confession: even though I've watched a few of his vids, I legit had no idea he was the Flashbulb. Similarly, only have a few of his tracks that I've heard/listened too - all very enjoyable, clearly musically competent, good stuff, but never really dug too much further in (for a lot of reasons in this and the other related thread - partly it's just volume of music to sift through). 

Definitely appreciate his perspective - as not a professional musician/hobbyist who has a family now it's nice to see/hear someone's perspective who's now had decades worth of experiencing doing it as a pro. .. with all the pros/cons that brings. Oh, also his comment about reaching the point of not giving AF and how that can re-invigorate creativity - seems on point even if you aren't a pro musician... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

Oh, also his comment about reaching the point of not giving AF and how that can re-invigorate creativity - seems on point even if you aren't a pro musician... 

yeah. i agree. i wish more people working in whatever genre would realize that and be more adventurous or just follow their own path. 

23 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Ever since my release on Schematic my life has totally changed.

I quit my day job (totally told my boss to go fuck himself), divorced my wife and got a hot new babe, upgraded my house and use my old house as a place to get wasted on weekends with my entourage and groupies, shipped my kids off to boarding school so they don't have to see me wasted by lunchtime every day, and holy shit the sponsorship deals just keep on rolling in. If you put your music out as a digital only on a label on bandcamp all this could be yours too.

Bitches. Don't forget about the bitches.

Ever since my release on Schematic my life has totally changed.
I quit my day job (totally told my boss to go fuck himself), divorced my wife and got a hot new babe, upgraded my house and use my old house as a place to get wasted on weekends with my entourage and groupies, shipped my kids off to boarding school so they don't have to see me wasted by lunchtime every day, and holy shit the sponsorship deals just keep on rolling in. If you put your music out as a digital only on a label on bandcamp all this could be yours too.
Totally agree, the releases I have on MCM and Mystic & Quantum have netted me a Bugatti Chiron and a house in Monte Carlo.