IGNORED

Dj Shadow - The Outsider

Tracklisting courtesy of Pitchfork

01 Outsider Intro

02 This Time (I'm Gonna Try It My Way)

03 3 Freaks (feat. Keak Da Sneak & Turf Talk)

04 Droop-E Drop

05 Turf Dancing (feat. The Federation & Animaniaks)

06 Keep Em Close (feat. Nump)

07 Seein Thangs (feat. David Banner)

08 Broken Levee Blues

09 Artifact [instrumental]

10 Backstage Girl (feat. Phonte Coleman)

11 Triplicate/Something Happened That Day

12 The Tiger (feat. Sergio Pizzorno & Christopher Karloff)

13 Erase You (feat. Chris James)

14 What Have I Done (feat. Christina Carter)

15 You Made It (feat. Chris James)

16 Enuff (feat. Q-Tip & Lateef the Truth Speaker)

17 Dats My Part (feat. E-40)

Some of the titles don't fill me with confidence

Shadow said he would lose alot of fans with this album, but gain some also. He wanted to do something completely different and he has. Will just have to wait and listen, I've heard 3 freaks and didn't like it at all. So for me this album is turning out to lose fans, but I really can't say much because It isn't out yet. Can't wait to hear it.

:aphexsign:

Guest αnalogue ψings
I don't like to throw around this term alot, but I really think Shadow "sold out". Endtroducing was so awsome, and after listening to 3 freaks, I am very disappointed.

Fuck off. All he did was open his eyes and observe that it's not the MID FUCKING NINETIES anymore.

Trip hop is dead. Like plaid shirts. Get over it.

I don't like to throw around this term alot, but I really think Shadow "sold out". Endtroducing was so awsome, and after listening to 3 freaks, I am very disappointed.

Fuck off. All he did was open his eyes and observe that it's not the MID FUCKING NINETIES anymore.

Hey, I didn't here Endtroducing until a couple years ago, but whatever. I guess if you like hearing idoits yell "Yeeah!!" over a beat, that's fine.

Guest αnalogue ψings
Hey, I didn't here Endtroducing until a couple years ago, but whatever. I guess if you like hearing idoits yell "Yeeah!!" over a beat, that's fine.

Steady on, Neville. Don't fall off your walker! That hippity hoppity business is what all the youngsters are into these days. I'ts not even proper music, is it? It's just noise, is what it is!

Trip Hop is a dying breed. That doesn't mean he has to do something different. It means he chooses to expand his musical capabilities. I don't think Trip Hop is dead, but It's slowly becoming that way. We really can't comment until the album drops, but I'd like to hear how he has changed. Alot of people didnt like Aphex Twin's Drukqs, and said Richard changed. I think he changed for the better, that was his most personal album ever! So The Outsider could turn out to be a great album, only time will tell.

:squarepusher_logo:

Guest tht! tne

3 freaks sounds like cool cool money.

everything i listen to these days does.

too $horts blow the whistle, e-40 and

t-pains u and dat, and keliss bossy.

good for him i guess whatever success

he has selling out or not selling out,

wont affect my peace of mind at all.

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Ghost of Roald Dahl
There's nowhere left to go but downhill when your first album is Endtroducing...

so true...

i still liked quite a bit of the UNKLE album, and most of the Private Press.

time will tell, as everyone else says. it's not the first time an artist has reinvented himself. i think it's a good idea for him to go this route, but that doesn't necessarily mean the album will be any good :grin:

Guest brothers gonna work it out
There's nowhere left to go but downhill when your first album is Endtroducing...

Hi fag,

Entroducing wasn't his first album. In fact, when entroducing came out it wasn't even popular until shithead hipsters decided that: 'its okay to listen to beats without lyrics that arent prog rock'. Probably like yourself. Sometime later, same said shitheads decided to erroneously start calling it trip hop. Later still, we find out that these same twerps have -- for everyones good -- let us know that the sound 'is dead'. But thank god almighty that they did discover entroducing, because without it there would be a dearth of experts on all things electronic in music... and what good would that do? Where would you be to be standing around at a party with a group of people discussing music when someone invokes 'the greatness that is dj shadow' and "man I really love entroducing, its so awesome, too bad he never made any other good triphop beats" -- having fucking fun on the piss with people who actually know what they're talking about. That's where!

regards.

i thought preemptive was an ep...

anyways , doesn't matter

this looks bad as in the kinda bad that the new chemical brothers is, good in parts, bad in parts, not up to par with previous werk

Plaid shirts are dead?

:[

Guest M83J01P97

You can't compare DJ Shadow 'changing' his style to Aphex Twin... at least he was still making quality electronic music in some way shape or form.

DJ Shadow has gone from making great music to, from hearing the preview that are floating around (if they are real), terrible 'commercial' rap music that really doesn't have much going for it.

The music in the background isn't even technically good, just repetitive hip hop beats and all those annoying bling bling woops and cheers.

If changing your style from something interesting to mainstream, highly commercial rap isn't selling out, then I don't know what is.

Guest endangered betche

Edan is very good and underheard.

That being said:

edan > dj shadow

Travesty!

:jedi:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PigeonSt

Haven't listened to all of it, but the David Banner track is great. Then again, I like Banner for some reason.

Archived