IGNORED

Polyrhythms reprocessed through granular synthesis

drillkicker

Cool! Of the three elements - bass pattern, left-panned rubble, centre hi-pitched pattern - I concentrated mostly on the third one to figure out the quarter note pulse (seems like it's around 105bpm). I like how the pulse is maintained throughout (even though you might not be aiming for a constant tempo).

It'd be nice to hear the "left-panned rubble" sound mainly in the middle of the stereo image.

52 minutes ago, IOS said:

Cool! Of the three elements - bass pattern, left-panned rubble, centre hi-pitched pattern - I concentrated mostly on the third one to figure out the quarter note pulse (seems like it's around 105bpm). I like how the pulse is maintained throughout (even though you might not be aiming for a constant tempo).

It'd be nice to hear the "left-panned rubble" sound mainly in the middle of the stereo image.

Thanks for the input.  There actually isnt a single tempo in this track since it uses euclidean rhythms but when i initially composed it, that center sound was at 100bpm.  The finished version that I posted is at 0.5hz, so if you wanna do the math you can feel free to figure out the rest.

As for the panning, that is something i should tweak.  Thanks for reminding me.  Ive been doing a lot of very wide stereo shit over the past year, as is evidenced on my latest album.

• Like 1

Something else id like to do is add some more dynamics to the track, but i dont think i could do that without post-production.  My max patch i used for this doesnt really allow enough control over song structure.

9 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Something else id like to do is add some more dynamics to the track, but i dont think i could do that without post-production.  My max patch i used for this doesnt really allow enough control over song structure.

Isn't that a sign of extending your max patch so it can do just that?

25 minutes ago, chronical said:

Isn't that a sign of extending your max patch so it can do just that?

I guess i could but it would be easier just to edit the recordings in a daw to fancy it up into a finished track

3 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Ill comment on others in a bit, tell me what you fellas think of this technique

Nice stuff my friend. Was expecting like more found-sounds granulated with that tho.

2 hours ago, logakght said:

Nice stuff my friend. Was expecting like more found-sounds granulated with that tho.

What kind of found sound?  All of the sounds in the track were sampled from classical double bass recordings.

11 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I guess i could but it would be easier just to edit the recordings in a daw to fancy it up into a finished track

True but that doesn't excite the tinkerer in us now does it? To me personally, moments like that where I can actually learn something new and challenge myself are the ones that bring my music forward the most :flower:

• Like 1