IGNORED

weekly beats 2024

exitonly

i did 2016 and made some decent shit but it definitely wore me down, i think the last few months i missed some, and there was some weak ass tracks in there too. 

haven’t thought about trying it again, i’m making beats and music almost weekly anyway tho. it can be good motivation if that’s what you’re needing for sure. i remember getting some good feedback from others.

meant to conclude by saying: if you feel the itch, do it, even if it’s only for a week or two who cares. just have fun with it or treat it like a toilet and just make horrid shit under a fake name or whatever lol 

Edited by auxien
dumb/forgot
  • Burger 1

Nice! Could not take part in the 2022 edition (not even sure it ever existed?) but I was hoping they would come back in 2024. In 2020 I was surprised how it helped me taking time to make music, despite a heavy workload at that time...

Well 4 years later work is even harder for me but I will give it a shot. Will also gladly take part in a WATMM motivational group haha.

Sure, I'll do this for a week or two, maybe fifty, maybe zero

• Farnsworth 3

• 2 weeks later...

I flaked on this, but I did get all my gear set up, and started to build a solid base template for future endeavours. Got my sights set on the rpm challenge instead. Did anyone actually get into it this year?

• Burger 1

2 hours ago, Silent Member said:

I flaked on this, but I did get all my gear set up, and started to build a solid base template for future endeavours. Got my sights set on the rpm challenge instead. Did anyone actually get into it this year?

Managed to do the first two weeks with some sketchy tracks. No inspiration at all for this week, I hope that the portability of the tracker mini will help me writing one or two patterns tonight while being half asleep on my couch lol.

Edit : I think the community is really helping and supportive which helps at lot feeling commited to the whole thing imho

Edited by Stock
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1