IGNORED

Behringer mixers

Guest Deep Fried Everything

Guest The Ghost of Roald Dahl

talking DJ mixers here, specifically i'm looking at a used DJX700.

looks quite nice, wondering if anyone has practical experience to back it up.

Guest 277: 930-933

I would not waste my money on a djx700, especially not a used one.

The original pioneer already sounds pretty shitty so I can't imagine what the behringer must produce in terms of sound quality.

Build quality is also extremely low, expect noisey faders and loose knobs/buttons in no time.

When you buy a mixer on a low budget just get the most basic thing you can find ( 2 channels, 3 band eq).

It just sucks so much when you can't use your eq anymore after maybe 6 months of normal usage.

Guest Dr Dinsync

i have a simple VMX100 mixer from behringer, and even this little thing has static noise here and there. Frustrating

thanks for your help guys, i'm replacing a bottom-feeder stanton smx-201 (yes, that's as low as you can go basically) and am looking at possible alternatives.

New behringer mixers I have tried have been great. I own a Ub 1202 or something and its fine. I dont know If thier dj line is good though. Noise problems I have not heard, even with great headphones! But I dont really have enough audiophile mixer experiance to care enough maybe?

i'm still going to check it out tomorrow as Anything is a step up from my current mixer, and it will only end up being a price differential of $50 after i sell the old one. why not?

that and i don't know what else is good in the price range up to $300 (if anything), anyone?

Guest *__DOLLA MENU__*

behringer has a really bad reputation on all their products. they are cheap and mostly just ripoffs of other more costly compnies products. that being said i have never had a problem with me behringer studio mixer. i dont know shit about dj shit though.

Guest androne

it should be good enough in a bind, but generally speaking you'd probably not want to go for a brand that makes bargain mixers. I personally have a small behringer mixer that i got at bargain price and its not bad at all, haven't experienced any noise at all with it, but ive only used a few of the channels so far.

I talked with this professional in a music store when i decided on mixers and he said that behringer are pretty much only for people who cant possibly afford anything more expensive.

I talked with this professional in a music store when i decided on mixers and he said that behringer are pretty much only for people who cant possibly afford anything more expensive.

Yes because he has no incentive to sell you anything more expensive or anything...

Not saying Behringer's aren't cheap crappy mixers (I should know, I own one!), just saying there might be some ulterior motive there...

Guest *__DOLLA MENU__*

actually no one who works in a music store will ever try to push behringer. behringer in addition to being cheap have a shit cost to price ratio. Your GIP is hardly anything which makes the seller no money. when i worked at guitar center i significantly downplayed the performance of any behringer product. i would never get comission if i sold behringer all day. that is why you never listen to people at music stores.

Guest *__DOLLA MENU__*
Uhh, yah, I know, that's what I was saying.. the people at the music store would push a more expensive product.. because they would make more money off of it...

i wasnt disagreeing with you. you are SPOT ON!!! i was just adding the cost to selling cost ratio backing up your claim my African American

• 4 months later...
Guest blicero

i have an 8-channel behringer mixer and a pair of behringer moniters.

i am thoroughly satisfied with both. both sound great and have no noise or static.

i have never had a bad experience with behringer products. from what i hear, they are hit or miss with their products/models. one model mixer might be shit, but the next closest will be a great value. read reviews online written by owners.

ignore baseless comments like "I hear Behringer are a terrible company"

Uhh, yah, I know, that's what I was saying.. the people at the music store would push a more expensive product.. because they would make more money off of it...

i wasnt disagreeing with you. you are SPOT ON!!! i was just adding the cost to selling cost ratio backing up your claim my African American

Its the same thing but I think the term you're looking for is profit margin.

Incidentally I have a Behringer MX802 Analogue 6 Channel mixer and I can't say I haven't had my problems with it over the years. I would kinda say it was noisy but then it is analogue. For a while now (a couple of years) the mixer won't power up properly and I only get a left channel of sound but once I switch the power on at the back a few times both channels operate. Getting my Behringer to work is really like knowing the start sequence to get an old banger to run lol.

i've just been looking at some tom behringer mixers - very cheap and lots of features, but i was worried about the quality, so am now looking at a Yamaha or an Alesis.

i've just been looking at some tom behringer mixers - very cheap and lots of features, but i was worried about the quality, so am now looking at a Yamaha or an Alesis.

I honestly suspect they'd be okay truth be known. I mean my mixer has had that problem but basically I have no real issues with it. I'd buy Behringer again and that's because they're cheap.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i've heard the older cheapo behringer mixers are a lot better than the new ones.

my first mixer was a behringer eurorack, and it was pretty good. a little noisy, but not enough to bug me. nothing ever broke. eventually i outgrew it and got a yamaha mixer, but i still use the behringer as an overflow for when i run out of channels on my yamaha.

also, i think behringer's more expensive units might be better.

mackie works fine but is overpriced.

Guest analogue wings

I have a Eurorack from c2002. It's served me well but the faders are starting to go - and that's a STUDIO mixer. I hate to think what the lifespan for a crossfader on a Behringer DJ mixer would be...

They seem to have gotten cheaper and nasteir since I got my Eurorack. My BCR2000 is great, but some of their other stuff, esp the guitar stuff, looks supar crap.

I have a Eurorack from c2002. It's served me well but the faders are starting to go - and that's a STUDIO mixer. I hate to think what the lifespan for a crossfader on a Behringer DJ mixer would be...

They seem to have gotten cheaper and nasteir since I got my Eurorack. My BCR2000 is great, but some of their other stuff, esp the guitar stuff, looks supar crap.

You got the BCR2000? Nice one. I was thinking about getting one of them if I ever needed another midi controller. I like the little leds on the knobs they look kinda handy and cool.

Archived