IGNORED

A Dream I Had Last Night

autopilot

So last night I had a dream that I was in my apartment but it didn't look like my apartment but I still knew it was mine. The door to my room had a myspace song player on it. One of the songs started playing and it was just this simple melody. I woke up at that moment and the melody was still in my head, so I opened up the computer and plugged in that melody. TRUE STORY. The melody that I dreamt of is what begins this song. I added upon it and eventually constructed this:

Nice use of space and a lovely dreamy melody yes. Didn't really like the cutoff and resonance sweeps too much - sounded a little too digital, a bit grainy you know what I mean? I like the beats - I reckon you shoud bring it in a bit earlier though, but good programming there. Nice clean sound overall.

this reminds me in places of o9... echo the sentiment above, it really comes to life in the final 3rd. the string/pad adds cohesiveness. complex beat work too.

earvalve is always a good listen.

I felt like making a new species of amoebae while listening to this, that has to be a good thing!

Nice space anthem, and very meditative in un new age way.....

good work mang!

Nice Dreaming!

I made some notes while listening:

00:18 like the dreamy intro

00:45 those little vocal snippets - do they .... are they ... are they from something rude? : S

*blush* kindof disturbs the chilled space that the track has me in.

although it is quite dream-like I suppose

... or maybe its all in my head anyway ; )

01:55 like the way this is building up (apart from the woman yapping)

02:44 nice modulation of the bleeps

02:46 a yummy crunchy beat. like what the bleeps are doing at this point too

03:49 like the modulation here ... so far the balance between repetition and change has been very satisfying

05:17 strings and some build-up, nice

06:00 starting to change into something abrasive

06:15 oh no, whered the chilled vibe go?

06:30 i blame aphex for this kind of stuff : (

Overall: That was a really nice chilled track, lovely production, sounds and progression. There are two things I would change:

- the female vocal snippets as mentioned above, maybe its subjective but for me they created a slighly disturbed vibe that didn't fit with the rest.

- the noisy ending at 6:15. after listening to 6 minutes of chilled beautiful music, its quite an unpleasant shock.

Now I guess that some would say that I am pointing out two distinctive elements of the track, and if you removed them that you would be left with something quite unadventurous. However a really chilled vibe like the one this track has is very valuable, and in this case I think the track would still be strong without those two elements.

Certainly personnally I would keep it and listen to it a lot more if I could enjoy the chilled out vibes, without having to worry about a hard percussive ending creeping in at the end and changing the mood.

Great work though, really impressive.

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated.

In reference to the people who liked it, I'm glad you liked it. In reference to the people who didn't like it, ah well, maybe next time. In reference to those two things Zazen said should be changed, 90% of my dreams involve sex so the orgasmic cut ups are imperative, and the abrasive ending is the disappointment that's usually involved in waking up and having to get out of bed. Thanks for writing a novel of comments though, you da man.

In reference to those two things Zazen said should be changed, 90% of my dreams involve sex so the orgasmic cut ups are imperative, and the abrasive ending is the disappointment that's usually involved in waking up and having to get out of bed. Thanks for writing a novel of comments though, you da man.

In that case then I guess those two elements make it a lot more personal ... you were setting out to represent your dream(s) in music and that's what you've done ... cool.

lol, if 90% of my dreams were about sex then I'd be disappointed to get up as well. Most of my dreams are about being back in school and missing exams and stuff.

I don`t like the track...

The thing I like a lot is that female voice that you play with! Oh really good tuning... Very emotional

Keep up.

Archived