IGNORED

if i made an album

YEK

cause i have these old tracks

i imagine putting a lot of effort into getting it ready and then nobody checking it out because i'm not in their ekt top 10 list. in fact , i'm pretty non-existant as far as the ekt goes, so i don't know if i should bother.

Boost my self-esteem WATMM, you're my only hope.

i would be.

an album is a more serious statement of commitment to your sound than an ep.

give us a blast of it - get it out there..

otherwise you will remain 'not in the top 10 ekt list' of most people.

Guest Thisket

Everybody's been making EPs. Totally uncool. An EP is something you're supposed to release after an album, I think. Almost just seeing the word "EP" makes me not interested.

Don't make it for us - make it because you need/want to. And do it big, ya herd me.

*~Irregardlessly~*

To me an EP says. "Heres some tracks I made, I have no confidence in them being any good so I only made a couple. Somebody light a fire under my ass with conformist suggestions!, Then I will make a six track album of the same kind of shit!"

Yekker mate, I wouldn't even worry about what anyone's gonna think. Want to make an EP? Do that. An album? Wahey, do that! You'll get more enjoyment out of putting it together than any of the comments on ekt.

Less talk, more do!

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't like the public dislike of EP's i see in this thread. Ep's for me are experiments that aren't album worthy, but deserve to be a coherent several-track thing. Not only does the artist try to make kickass tracks, but make them fit together, and an EP is a good and simple way to check that, when an album is abit overkill.

That said, I kind of agree that Ep's can be, and sometimes are, lazy works, and thusly I'm not going to even think of releasing another EP. if I do pull something together it'll be a full big album with proper work behind it rather than a bunch of tracks made in a span of 2-3 days as my previous stuff

I listened to the album and I'm sorry to say I really wasn't into it mate. No flow or cohesion between the tracks and some of them are just downright annoying. The best track was The Government Somnabulist (or whatever it's called), I think you should concentrate on making more tracks like this. Get a definite style going.....

Archived